Maplewood, Minnesota
2.0

My son and I went to check on facility on white bear ave, after a tour we went into the office with the membership man. He told us more and after a phone call to my husband decided to join.

He did NOT tell us we were bound to a 18 month contract or had to pay a yearly maintenance fee of $50 per member. Everything is done electronically signing and he supposedly told us what we were signing. A month later my mom(who lives with us) could not be left home alone, so I went to cancel my membership, only to find out we were all bound to a 18 month contract that you can not get out of. I talked to the manager to explain our circumstance and that the member guy never told us about a commitment and was told" sorry you signed the contract" Now this month I see an additional charge of $50 per membership and called to ask about it and was told each year you have to a maintenance fee.

We were never told about this either. I hate contracts and that is why I have T- mobile, so had I known about this one with anytime I would never have joined!!!! What a scam, please request a copy of the contract in writing and read all the fine print before you sign.

Do not trust what you are told. I was told that we could cancel anytime, which is not true!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Let our family out of contract.

Anytime fitness Pros: Convience of location.

Anytime fitness Cons: Poor customer service.

• Anytime Fitness Membership