Onalaska, Wisconsin
2.2

I moved a year after signing up. I had signed up for a two-year contract.

I had called to cancel my membership when my contract was fulfilled. I found out that I was still getting charged my monthly membership for the past 8 months past my membership contract. When I spoke with the owner of the anytime fitness branch he informed me that there is nothing that they can do even though he can see I have not been in or used his gym for more than a year. I went on to try to explain to him that I felt that this business practice seemed unethical and unfair.

Rich the owner of anytime fitness in Onalaska, WI was, "Really.....? Your going to call me unethical? This is your fault." Anyone considering joining a gym under this franchise needs to seriously consider any other options for a gym.

Not an upstanding company and this franchisee feels that his check book is more important than doing the right thing. I do not recommend!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Anytime fitness Pros: Having them steal my money, Being robbed.

Anytime fitness Cons: Being ripped off, Cancellation policy, Franchise owners attitude.

• Misleading policy
  • anytime
  • anytime franchise

Comments

#1198134

So you didn't check your statements to see where your money was going and you called in to cancel. I can pretty much guarantee the cancellation policy says that you have to send them a letter or do it in person.

That is pretty much industry wide. It really is YOUR fault.

#1196743

Always check your credit card statements to make sure this doesn't happen. You can dispute the charges with your credit card company.