Harbor City, California

I've been a member with Anytime fitness for a six months with no flaws, until I had to cancel my charge card because it was lost. Anytime fitness expired my account because this all happened around the same time they withdrew money for the membership (that's expected). The new card came in and I paid my dues. Tried to access the gym and was denied! Called customer service and they said my access key was assigned to my canceled account. They started a new account with me and it had no access key assigned (easy fix right?). They directed me to advise the, "professionals" at the gym.

I went to the gym where I started my business with them and got everything straightened out (so I thought). Then I went to the gym close to my house to use the facilities (access denied). Called customer service, and they advised me that I should be able to access the next day. The next day came around (access denied).

I mean seriously, do I really have to drive out of town to have access to the facilities I pay for? That wasn't part of the deal when I signed up!

Anytime fitness really needs to invest in a centralized computer system that does updates instantly, not two weeks from now! They were sure quick to take the money out of my account but are dragging their feet to get me to use the product I'm paying for and it's been over a week! Needless to say, I'm going back to Defined Fitness. Atleast their system works!

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Comments

#194745

Mr. Anytime Fitness corporate makes another "damage control" appearance!

Good for you....now stop embellishing about how many hours your clubs are staffed and lets talk about the LAWS! Yes, those pesky laws in over 30 states not allowing clubs to operate tanning without staff on duty and all the other states requiring staff and/or certified CPR/AED staff at all times.

These are just small details for this conglomerate! (Until the first lawsuit!!!)

#194492

your comment "Hey Mike, these 24/7 clubs do not make it convenient to perform any financial transactions" is a lie and exaggeration.

We are staffed 40 hours/week, have email and voicemail. Doesn't sound too inconvenient to me (maybe for you) to contact us for any "financial transactions".

And your LARGEST exaggeration "Read all of the complaints posted just in the pissedconsumer forums." There are a whole 69 of them...let's see AT has been around 6 plus years and has had several million different members during that time...what's that less than a tenth of a %???

#190913

Thank you Mr. Anytime Fitness for the arrogant chastising.

Hey Mike, these 24/7 clubs do not make it convenient to perform any financial transactions. (except withdrawing your money automatically) Read all of the complaints posted just in the pissedconsumer forums and you will see AF really sucks!

These franchisees are getting screwed by corporate and they are just passing on to the members. Stop the damage control here and get back to your club or office at Anytime Fitness corporate.

#190242

Its sounds like you should pay your bills on time... What do you expect!!!

If you stop paying for something why would you still be allowed access??? Sounds pretty simple here. Go buy a car stop paying for it..

HUH is that why we have repo men? get a clue pal

1. Over 30 states require a tanning operator at all times it is being used.

2. Many states require a certified AED employee on duty at all times.

Several states require an employee on duty at all times, period.

4. Thank you Anytime Fitness corporate for weighing in and providing embellishment for rebuttal.

Billing Guaranteed is so FULL OF S_it!!! You have been forecasting these mass closings for a while now...yet have not seen them...You LIE about MOST are performing against regulations...LIE LIE LIE...Most states do not require staffing at all times...some do require staffing during tanning like ours...that's why tanning is only available during staffed hours...MOST ARE NOT Operating against laws...more lies and exaggerations from the king failure.

Billing connected to access? In your dreams!

Billing is the only thing guaranteed to be 24/7! LOL Anytime Fitness and Snap Fitness both use a third party billing company to try and insulate them from negative publicity. They consistently use this to their advantage to extract additional fees, dues and revenue from unsuspecting members, whether you are able to access the club or not. This was obvious while I was involved and one of the reasons why I am no longer.

Between employee errors, lack of management oversight, corporate issues and the billing company involvement, it is almost guaranteed you will pay more than what you agreed to and use the club less than you could have. BE PREPARED FOR THE MASS CLOSINGS OF BOTH FRANCHISES IN THE NEAR FUTURE.

Besides a weak business model, most 24/7 clubs throughout the country are performing business contrary to the current state, county and city laws and regulations. BUYER BEWARE!