Lawrenceville, Georgia
2.0

I joined this gym at $35 a month in March 2016. I was not informed that I was in a contract, I was only told that there would be a fee to cancel.

In March 2016 I was charged $60 I guess as an initial fee. Then in July I was charged $70 and $105 in August! These people are crooks! I cancelled my membership in August and had to pay an additional $99 for cancelling the contract I didn't realize I had, and a week after cancelling another $35 was taken from my account!

I feel like when you take a clients card information and tell them $35 will be deducted monthly it would actually happen, I was not budgeting to have such RANDOM lump sums taken from my account. When I called them about it, the Rep. just answered the phone saying "hey"... While I'm on the phone asking "Is this Anytime fitness?" and he's' like "yeah..."......

really.

Professional businesses do not answer the phone in that manner. I have worked in retail and office settings for over 10 yrs and have never heard anyone answer the phone in that manner...

This is by far the worse experience with a gym that I have ever had.

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

• anytime fitness center
  • Worse Gym

Comments

OK here is what actually happened: The consumer was billed the $60. The consumer did not pay.

The next month there was the $60 again plus $10 late fee. There is your $70. The consumer again, did not pay. Obviously the consumer either cancelled their card or changed accounts.

The final bill is $60 + $10 + $35 (next month's dues) BECAUSE they never payed their cancellation fee. If you do not pay your fee, you have not cancelled.

If none of this is true, simply file in small claims court.

Take your written documentation and win a judgement once the judge sees your irrefutable documented case. One and done.