Resolved

Update by user Oct 20, 2015

As of about a week later the company has resolved the issue. My complaints still stand about the shady business practice and the extremely hostile employees, but at least they took care of my problem.

Original review posted by user Oct 13, 2015

Originally when I signed up for my 12 month membership I was promised a $10 gift card to the local grocery store every month, effectively taking $120 off of my membership fee. Well 2 months in and they decided to stop giving out those gift cards, leaving me $100 in the hole.

When I first signed up the manager claimed that I could easily cancel for $50 as long as I sent a letter from an address at least 30 miles away from the club.

Now that these gift cards were removed, I tried to cancel for $50 and now they claim that I need to either send a utility bill from a different house or get a new drivers license with a different address then what I signed up with (both of which are ridiculous because it is my parents house so why would it have my name on the utility bill, and why should I have to get a brand new drivers license with the exact same info on it?). Overall some very shady business practice and I highly recommend you stay away from this gym.

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Anytime fitness Pros: Friendly atmosphere, People at gym.

Anytime fitness Cons: Facility too small, Customer service, Not being able to stop charges, Being harassed.

• Contracts are in blood