I became a member of this club prior to them even opening their doors, so as a promotion, my family received a low monthly rate that was locked in for as long as I continue to be a member.

Well, over the past 5 years, this club has been losing money due to a terrible sales staff and stiff competition in the local area, and to recoup the losses, have been raising rates on members every 6 months on average.

The problem is that, due to the contractual obligation, they can't raise my rate and this obviously annoys them to no end. Every single time I have an issue that needs to be addressed, such as my key fob not working, I get the same answer about, "how lucky I am to have my great low monthly rate." Luck had nothing to do with it. I signed up early, and took advantage of a promotion.

Anyway, yesterday I called the club to inquire about the number for the corporate office because I had a billing dispute. I was told by a staff member that I had no reason to call corporate and that they, "doubt a mistake was made, but even if it was, you still are getting a rate lower than most members, so it will probably even out." WHAT?!

Unhappy with this BS, I found the number online and called. The corporate office was very apologetic, and said they would send an e-mail to my club saying that they are resolving the billing issue on their end.

30 minutes later, I get a call from the club and am told that they are CANCELING MY MEMBERSHIP FOR VIOLATING CLUB RULES! I said, "what club rules?" I was told, "I told you earlier that you had no reason to call corporate, and since you obviously have issues with club policy, I spoke with the owner and we decided to terminate your membership. If you wish to remain an active member, you need to call corporate back and withdraw your complaint."

I said, "I wasn't complaining! I was trying to get a billing mistake fixed!" The reply was, "well, I already told you what you need to do if you if you wish to keep your membership. That's all I have to say to you. Good bye."

I have never, not ever in my life been treated this way or threatened by any club in which I PAY MONEY to for membership. Who the *** does these people think they are? Anyone else gone through this, because I know it can't be an isolated case.

Review about: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Had an Experience with Anytime Fitness?

Comments

LUCKY :(

This sounds like a Civil Case to me. Sue them personally as local operators, this will get their attention and provide you with relief,

This is the business model being played out all over the country by 24/7 clubs.The only concern corporate has is collecting their fees ON TIME.

Corporate oversight, non-existent! Chuck Runyon, CEO has allowed this to occur in this company for years. Part-time, untrained sales staff do not inform new members of all of the nuances of the agreement, take advantage of them and embellish or make up *** along the way. Anytime Fitness and Snap Fitness both use a third party billing company (ABC financial in this case, Checkfree for Snap) to try and insulate them from the negative publicity.

They consistently use this to their advantage to extract additional fees, dues and revenue from unsuspecting members. This was obvious while I was involved and one of the reasons why I am no longer. Between employee errors, lack of management oversight, corporate issues and the billing company involvement, it is almost guaranteed you will pay more than what you agreed to. BE PREPARED FOR THE MASS CLOSINGS OF BOTH FRANCHISES IN THE NEAR FUTURE.

Besides a weak business model and crappy customer service most 24/7 clubs throughout the country are performing business contrary to the current state, county and city laws and regulations.BUYER BEWARE!

La Prairie, Quebec, Canada #172033

Did you complain to the corporate office about this? I would have done that before coming here.