1.6K views

I signed up for a year long membership and was completely okay with paying for a full year. My year came and went and I found out I was pregnant a few months before the year went up and then once the year mark hit, I didn't live near my "home gym location" so I called and asked when the staff would be there so I could go out of my way to go and cancel it.

Of course, they were not there when they said they were and I went a full hour out of my way to go terminate this *** thing. I emailed customer service numerous times after to get my membership cancelled and they still have not. it is almost 4 months later. I hate this *** company so much, and they still have yet to cancel my account.

The next step is to just show up at the closest one and make one *** of a scene. I am beyond mad.

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Reason of review: they refuse to cancel my membership.

Anytime fitness Cons: Not being able to cancel, Poor customer service, Response from staff worker.

Comments

Do you have a copy of your agreement? Most agreements state they require a 30 day written notice to cancel.

I'd send that certified mail to the address on record, not to the billing company.

As they are all independently owned/operated, showing up at another location and raising a fuss will not do any good -unless that owner owns the location you go to. Individual owners will not be able to see your account activity.