Waterloo, Ontario

They are liars and mislead me from the beginning.

HERE IS THE EMAIL I RECEIVED AFTER CANCELLING MY CONTRACT (AS PER THE REPS DIRECTIVES)

Hey Klaude,

We've received your letter of cancelation; however you're still within your year term that is set to end 06/24/2015. I'm sorry that you're not getting much usage out of your membership with us, and I would love to sit down with you and work out a way so you can make the most out of it. Or even other alternatives that may better fit your needs within the terms of the agreement. We do apologies if there were any misunderstandings with our cancelation policy. We do try and make a great effort in explaining all payments, policies, and terms of memberships upon singing up, and even have the member initial each section as we explain them. I can see you're frustrated, and in hopes of rebuilding trust I think it would work best if we can set a time to meet so we can go over options that are within the terms.

Yours in good health,

Brittany

Anytime Fitness Guelph

___________________________________________

As per this email, they state that they make the customer initial every section of the contract as they go through it to make sure it is understood.

The proof that I was duped in this situation is that not only was I not given a copy of the contract but I was never taken through the contract's terms and initialed any section. I requested a copy of my contract by email on 10/07/2014 and was sent a copy by email the same day. The copy had NO initials on ANY of the sections "as per their own sign-up policy".

When I later mentioned this, the owners completely disregarded my story and treated me poorly. Instead of believing their customer and reprimanding or educating their rep on their own company policies and accepting this as an "error" on their rep's part, they chose to disregard the entire customer experience and couldn't care less. All they wanted was their money.

I explained to the rep as I sat with her and discussed potential membership that I had just gotten out of a gym membership with GoodLife and had no interest whatsoever in being locked into another membership. SHE ASSURED ME THAT IT WOULD NOT BE THE CASE AND THAT ALL I HAD TO DO TO CANCEL WAS SEND A CANCELLATION LETTER AND PAY THE $50 CANCELLATION FEE AND THAT WOULD BE IT.

Why on earth would I have signed on to a gym membership where the only way to cancel was that you were mortally injured or moving out of the country. How insane is this.

And yes, I could have paid the entire membership fee left of $200 but it was a question of principle at this point. The fact that I had been mislead, taken advantage of and then treated like a common criminal is why I refused to give them the funds. I chose to stand up for myself and the hundreds, perhaps thousands of people out there that are being taken for a ride by this company.

Would I have taken the time to Google this company prior to dealing with them, I would have NEVER given them another look. Google is FILLED with unhappy customers and they ALL have the same cancellation issues:

An ethical company cares about their brand, their image, their customer experience. They go the extra mile to make sure their customers are enjoying their experience with their business.

These crooks are only out to make $$$$$ and have no care whatsoever of what customers experience at the hands of their representatives.

I WAS MISLEAD. I WAS NEVER GIVEN A CONTRACT TO REVIEW AT HOME. I WAS NEVER TAKEN THROUGH EACH SECTION OF THE CONTRACT AND INITIALED SECTIONS COVERED AS PER THEIR POLICIES. I WAS NEVER TOLD ABOUT THE "NEVER NEVER CANCELLATION PLAN".

These people have blemished a perfect credit score that I had worked my whole life to build without a second thought.

They are pure evil in my book and I hope that the word spreads like wildfire and that they end up closing their doors because of their fraudulent and unethical business practices.

I have a copy of the contract for anyone who wants to see it and ALL the email communication from the business. NEVER ONCE DID THEY AGREE TO ANY NEGOTIATIONS. ALL THEY WANTED WAS THEIR MONEY.

THEIR RESPONSE ABOVE IS NOTHING MORE THAN A POLITICAL RESPONSE FROM A PR POINT OF VIEW. SPEAKS VOLUMES TO THE IMBECILE COMPANY MANAGEMENT.

THEY DESERVE AN "F" FOR BBB RATING.

Not only do I not accept their weak response but I will definitely make sure that people know and are aware of these crooks doing business in our community.

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: I want them to cancel my contract and send letter to credit bureau to clean up the falsehood they caused!.

Comments

#1220246

So what ended up happening? I'm in the same boat, exaclty.