Guelph, Ontario

This gym and its owners are EXTREMELY misleading and unprofessional. I first went into their location in Oct 2014 to get info.

I basically told them I wasn't interested in contracts and being locked in as I had just come out of a contract with GoodLife and wasn't interested in locking myself again. The rep assured me that all I needed to do was send in a request to terminate the contract 30 days prior to termination and ALL would be good. I believed her and signed the contract. She NEVER went over the contract or the fine print that indicated that the only way to "cancel" the contract was if you were medically incapable of training or you were moving to another location in another city.

After a few months, I wasn't impressed with the facilities or the team so I sent in my cancellation letter with a supplementary payment for the month and expected to be done with them. Not only was my letter not accepted, my account was placed into collections with an agency who then began harassing me for payment. When I contacted the owner by email, she advised me that ALL her reps read ALL the fine prints of the contract with the client at signature and have the client initial each section of the contract as proof they have reviewed it together. When I emailed her a copy of my contract where she could clearly see that no initials of mine were anywhere on the contract because the rep had not followed THEIR procedure (otherwise I would have never signed) instead of an apology, I got more harassment and collection letters and now they have gone so far as to triple what I supposedly owe them and have tainted my credit bureau with their fraud and irresponsible behavior.

I have the proof if anyone wants it. DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE.

THEY WILL DECEIVE YOU AND TAKE YOU TO THE CLEANERS!!!! BEWARE!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Anytime fitness Cons: Being not honest.

• can t cancel membership
  • gym membership ripoff