map-marker Tampa, Florida

They are heartless

They pressured me every time I entered the gym. When I told them i needed to cancel they said I needed to pay 50 percent of the balance. I cannot pay it

User's recommendation: Don't sign anything

James F Feo

Verified Buyer

Manger complant

Anytime Fitness - Manger complant
Anytime Fitness - Manger complant - Image 2
Anytime Fitness - Manger complant - Image 3
Anytime Fitness - Manger complant - Image 4

Anne it's James from Burnham, I'll be going to a different gym because of Priscilla. I sent email of to corporate and Dennis is aware of the situation, be looking for a law suit because of your manager making false claims trying to ruin my reputation over her 23 yr old boyfriend threatened me.

She claimed she had no one to help her, claimed she was divorced, she needed beds for her daughters or they couldn't come stay. So I helped her out, then she claimed she had no food, I helped her out, then she said she needed help getting a big box of trash out of her house it was to heavy for her. Told her I'd met her at her house and help her get it out. Last week Mike state probation officer told me why are you helping her she has a 23 yr old boyfriend.

I called her in front of him she denied it. He looked at me and said James you know that a lie. I said I know told her you are just a dishonest person. Then her boyfriend text me texted around 2:30.

Then Friday morning got there same time 735, talked to Jim fire chief, Steve started working out, then Dennis showed up told him the situation. Didn't talk to or even look at Priscilla, ever time she walked by I put my head down. I left around, her boyfriend started texting me saying to stop harassing her, and googling her and staring at her. Told him I didn't even talk to her or look her direction.

Dennis was there, state cop was there I didn't harass her as all. Plus they cameras all through the place. Then he threatened, then I got a phone call from the police she called them about sexual harassment. I'm raising 2 daughters own my on, haven't dated anyone since 2021, she has 2 yr old 5 yr old 13 yr old 18 yr old and a 21 yr old I'm not interested in dating her I was just where she claimed to be.

She never told me she had a boyfriend to help her she took $1300 of my money all the time that's her boyfriends job to help her not mine and she is still married. She is just a dishonest person trying to get me in trouble with the law.

My wife passed away Dec 31,2021, I haven't dated anyone since haven't been nor have I been with a woman or a woman even ever been to my house or met my daughters. She is a dishonest human being.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Equipment
Cons:
  • Manager lies to your face

Preferred solution: She needs fired for her dishonesty and false accusations

User's recommendation: Don't join manager is dishonest human being

Wendy L Dcj

Gatesville, Texas Anytime Fitness

To whom this may concern,

My name is Wendy Lowder who lives in Gatesville Texas. I was a member at the anytime fitness for over 2 years.

Brent Pope has been the manager from my first day there. I was recently kicked out of the gym with my membership canceled. I was told by Brent Pope through Text he had refunded our last payment and would see it in a few days. Although Im sure he was only saying that with full intentions not to refund us.

I say this because we paid cash for our membership both years because we were told it would be cheaper to do it that way. So there is no account or way for Brent Pope the Manager who claims to be the owner on the anytime fitness page to refund us our money.

His reasoning for kicking me out is because he believes I train people in his gym. This is NOT the truth and he knows that as well bc I also have proof through messages where I went to him asking if people were allowed to workout with me. His response was there is nothing I can do about people working out together.

With also telling me just in case anyone says anything that I needed to get insurance to cover anytime fitness and myself even though I just let people workout with me. So I did just that purchased the insurance. I have the proof of these messaged as well and where he even told me to put Anytime fitness address on the insurance. I have been allowing people to workout with me for several months now with no trouble from anyone.

Brent Pope offered me a job there as well as my husband but I refuse to charge people for something I am already doing and why would it hurt to let them join my workout. He has no proof of me just standing around watching people workout, taking them through every step of a workout, just standing counting reps and myself not doing the workout as well.

I did not take his offer for the job and to charge people $60 an hour so he could take 30% of that for himself. I believe because I refused to work for him that that is why he has chosen to take this road. Although being kicked out truly pissed me off it didnt stop there.

He then also decided after I shared on fb with our local town what he did to then harass me. He made threats, called me names and even had other people trying to contact me. He has threatened me with a lawyer, threatened me by saying he has my address, car make and phone number, I am also getting many people tell me that still go there and over hear him, his other personal trainer and his wife talking to their clients in a negative way about me. The wife does not work for Brent Pope but does work out of the building doing Peptides and doesnt have to pay rent as long as she supplies Brent Pope with supplies he needs.

I believe that Bent Pope claims to be the owner of the Gatesville and Hewitt Anytime fitness but is not. I think he does this so that if there are complaints people will see that and be intimidated to not make a complaint believing it wont get any further. If you take a look at the google reviews for both locations there a many people complaining about the staff being rude, taking money and not canceling memberships that should be canceled according to policy. All negative reviews the owner claims the account is fake and not a member.

I have had many people reach out to me which I also have proof about how they were treated and how they are still making payments after requesting to have their membership canceled. Some people are getting charged twice a month but refuse to use the gym here in town and go to the ext local one because of the staff.

Im brining this to anyones attention that will listen and look into the manor! I have also looked up Brent Popes background which is very colorful and includes felonys and DWIs with a minor in the vehicle. The felonys include having illegal substances on him while being pulled over for DWI.

Im sorry but this is not the type of person that should have his hands on peoples personal information. I am trying to find out who the actual owner is so I can contact corporate and bring whats going on at this Anytime Fitness in Gatesville, Texas to their attention. I have filed a harassment report against him as of last week. He continued to contact me through his email with Anytime fitness which I have also turned into the police.

Words have been said about me to clients that work at our local schools as teachers and I have a child that goes to these schools.

What is happening at Anytime Fitness in Gatesville and to the loacal people that sadly get involved is absolutely unprofessional and someone needs to look into why they keep getting away with treating people the way they do. I would truly like to hear from corporate about this situation and about the many complaint that have already been made in the past and present. They need to take a look at the Google reviews as well throughout the years as well as present. Pay attention to how many times the negative reviews get called a fake account and not a member.

Also there is conflict with one of the reviews Damian Lee is Brent Popes Fiancé and he doesnt even workout he cleans the gym. That also another issue as well the cleanliness of the gym is absolutely horrible. When equipment breaks its down for a long time and then fixed only with temporary ways. The ceiling leaks water and when it rains you have to watch for trash cans that are put out everywhere to catch the water.

There are wholes in the walls that have been there since I started going there 2 1/2 years ago. It truly never gets vacuumed like it should for the traffic that comes through there. I had even at one point told Brent I would wash the mirrors because they stay nasty and many people complain about it including me. The bathrooms are not kept up like they should be as well.

There is a horrible Oder that comes from the Peptide office thats overwhelming and causes headaches on some days for me.

We live in a small town, I think its time someone checks into this particular anytime fitness. I think they have gotten comfortable and arrogant thinking they are untouchable and wont be caught with what they are doing because no one will speak up. Again I have proof of the situations I just talked about so if needed I can supply you with it. I truly just wanted to help people get started in the gym.

Letting them workout with me was a way I could do it without bothering anyone. I never searched for people they all came to me and asked if they could workout with me.

Its truly sad in todays world that every thing is about money including helping people trying to better themselves! I appreciate your time and I truly hope to hear back from someone with good intentions and not just letting this slide through the cracks.

Wendy Lowder

Pros:
  • 24 hour access was great
  • Other membrs
  • Equipment was in generally good shape
Cons:
  • Rude & unprofessional staff and owners to the managers
  • Cleanliness

User's recommendation: Be carful about working out with others because they could try to say your training them and cancel you membership.

Guest

I have been going to Anytime Fitness for year and I will admit they have changed the person that cleans the gym a lot. I haven’t had an issue with the gym being dirty, and I see the young gentleman that cleans the gym comes just about everyday and normally one of the days on the weekend.

Any gym is bound to get dirty especially one that’s open 24 hours. I see staff regularly take trash out and then I see they cleaned come in later in the day and clean as well.

Guest

I never got to work out with you for free I was always charged, can I work out with you for free now? And I have typed exactly the print out I was given in order to workout with you Wendy and trust me it wasn’t free.

Earned Not Given Training Program Workout and Meal Plan Just workout that is 2 weeks long: $30 Just workout for 1 month with changes made every 2 weeks: $60 Just meal plan for 2 weeks: $40 Just meal plan for 1 month with changes made every 2 weeks: $80 Workout and Meal Plan for 2 weeks: $70 Workout and Meal Plan for 1 month: $120 The way I have this set up is exactly what I did to get started. The best results will come from using the entire package but I also understand sometimes trying something out before locking into it financially works better for some. You will have my personal number also to reach me at any time you have questions or concerns. I can also send videos of any exercises you need help with as far as form and how to execute the exercise.

My job is to make sure you get everything out of my workouts and meal plan as you can to reach your goals. I look forward to hearing from you when you are ready to start your journey to a better healthier you!

Please feel free to message me if you are interested but have more questions or if you are ready to get started! My cell number is

View more comments (1)
Angela T Ttr

Discrimination

I answered one of Anytime Fitness ad on FB, looking for local women 60 and over to get in shape and lose weight, made an appointment with the manager 4/17/25, myself an another lady was there. After the appointment was done I asked if Anytime Fitness took my healthcare, I have united health care that pays for my gym membership.

The manager, said yes but I would have to pay up front and get reimbursed from them. I never heard of that before, never had an issue. So I called UHC they said that they get billed from Anytime Fitness all the time and he should not of asked me to pay up front. They tried to call him to let him know I should not pay, he should bill them,he did not pick up.

I made an appointment with them to let my husband see the gym as it is close to us. The manager text said he was looking forward to meeting us appt set for 2:30 pm the next day. We arrived, at the app. If looks could kill, we looked around a bit and sat down waiting.

Another man came up to us he was not an employee, but asked who we was waiting for? Why we was where? He said he was a friend of the manager, and would text him. He came back said manager left, had to pick up his kids and didn't know when he would be back.

I said we have an appointment and we did not recieve anything stating he would not be here. He just kinda stood around, my husband said let's leave. I called him the next day, to see what happened, when he realized who I was he said " I can't hear you, your breaking up Click". I could hear him perfectly I tried to call him back he did not pick up.

I called his corporate centerline billing for all Anytime Fitness they said they do all the billing and they do bill united health care and other insurance companies for all gym memberships.

They said they don't know why he's asking for payment up front.

It just rubbed me the wrong way. I guess he didn't like me for some reason, maybe because I have a disability.

Cons:
  • Discrimination and bias

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Make sure you are the perfect Race, no disabilities. Oh have money up front.

Teandre Tvc

Sigh, this has NOTHING to do with your disability. Just grow up and say it was bad service.

reply icon Replying to comment of Teandre Tvc

Who wants to go to a gym with bad service? Do you?

Just giving a review based on My experience.

Hope you don't have to deal with anything like this. Have a nice day.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2522213

Learn how to read. I never said that you were not mistreated. Your mistreatment has NOTHING to do with your disability.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2522213

I never said you did not get bad service. Just that the bad service had NOTHING to do with your disability. Learn how to read.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2522213

I even said it was bad service and just stick to that. Don't about it is because of your disability BS.

reply icon Replying to comment of Teandre Tvc

What was it then? You seem to know.

Just like I said, it's always the elephant in the room no one wants to admit. Even you.

Lennis Ezw

Exactly

View more comments (6)
Wendy L Dcj

| map-marker Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Gatesville, Texas Anytime Fitness

To whom this may concern,

He then also decided after I shared on fb with our local town what he did to then harass me. He made threats, called me names and even had other people trying to contact me. He has threatened me with a lawyer, threatened me by saying he has my address, car make and phone number, I am also getting many people tell me that still go there and over hear him, Josh Ramburger his other personal trainer and his wife Ashley Ramburger talking to their clients in a negative way about me. Ashley does not work fro Brent Pope but does work out of the building doing Peptides and doesnt have to pay rent as long as she supplies Brent Pope with supplies he needs.

I have visually seen Brent Pope go into her office and put supplies in his bag, he failed to close the door all the way many times.

Wendy Lowder

User's recommendation: Be careful working out with any one because SOME anytime fitness managers don’t like to see that in their gym and you could bet your membership canceled

Guest

But you did offer to train me for $200 a month at Anytime Fitness. I then found out from speaking to them that you weren’t authorized there and not certified.

So I didn’t buy from you. I appreciate that they protected me.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2468622

I would love for you to share where I offered to train you for $200 you kind of left that part out. I don’t charge anyone for working out with me.

I also do all my offering through text or email for this very purpose. I only charged for online training which you included in this and is correct. Please show proof of where i offers to charge you $200. If you don’t then I already know this is one of the the 2 people that work there or the one that has a free ride out of there.

Nice try thought and I have 5 people that can prove I didn’t charge nor do I charge anyone for wanting to workout with me. Also if you were serious you wouldn’t be hiding behind a user number.

I am not certified nor do I go around saying I am so no surprise there lol. Now kindly share your proof

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2468622

Also this site lets me know when anyone at anytime fitness opens it and how strange is it that I get this a few hours after it was opened at anytime fitness in Gatesville….. Nice try!!

View more comments (3)
Luciana A Wsu

Complain about a location

Anytime Fitness - Complain about a location
THE WORSE ANYTIME ON EARTH OWNER DO NOT CARE I TRULY BELIEVE THIS IS A LAUNDRY MONEY BUSINESS. THE GYM IS FALLING A PART FOR YEARS NOW. ONLY 1 ELLIPTICAL MACHINE THAT BARELY WORKS. ALL TREADMILLS ARE BROKEN, ALL MACHINES ARE OLD AND FALLING A PART. THE CARPET HAS MORE YEARS THAN THE DEAD QUEEN AND IT STINKS. TOILETS GET FLOODED AND THEY ARE NOW BLOCKED W
Pros:
  • Stuff is friendly
Cons:
  • Terrible equipments

Preferred solution: FIX THE GYM

User's recommendation: NOT AT ALL

Daniel X Oub

Verified Reviewer

My contract hasn't been cancelled per written request

Don't ever enter into a contract with these *** You'll regret it later due to all the hidden scam fees. I hate this company so much.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Convenient with time gym is open
Cons:
  • Contracts are a joke
  • Management is a nightmare

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Look for no contract gyms thank me later

Serhat E Wyp

Membership Cancellation and Unauthorized Debit Card Charge

Good afternoon,

I want to notify you that Anytime Fitness Manager in Lewisville TX has not picked up his phone for the past 2 weeks and has not responded to my voicemail messages regarding membership cancellation. I am unsure whether he is ignoring all incoming calls or it is specifically to me but either way is unacceptable and unethical for a small business manager.

I am deeply frustrated by chasing after him to cancel my membership. He already charged me 28$ a few days ago and I have not been to any of your branches since the beginning of April. I would like to cancel my membership.

Another problem I realized is that during the first day of my enrolment, he was supposed to charge me 87.14$ twice without telling me.

I found this mistake in my bank account activity. I want my refund in this case.

I will be waiting for feedback.

Serhat Ezer

Loss:
Pros:
  • Always open
Cons:
  • Poor service maintainace and customer care

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Lewisville TX branch sucks!!

John Kmn

| map-marker Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Unprofessional staff, broken equipment, dirty facilities

Gatesville Anytime Fitness is hands down the worst gym I've ever been to. Staff is completely unprofessional.

The staff is rarely there according to the hours they have posted. If they are there, the moment you walk in it's as if they are inconvenienced by your presence. There are 2 "so called" trainers at this gym neither of which have a clue on what they are doing to help their clients achieve their desired results.

There is a Peptide office located in there as well which I thought was a great idea, and probably would be if the lady who operated it had any type of personality. She is just as rude as the staff that "runs" the gym.

When I spoke with her about possibly getting a semaglutide shot is was more than obvious she didn't have a clue about it's intended purpose. She could only speak on it as if it were some kind of miracle weight loss drug, and couldn't say much about the possible side effects. As a type 2 diabetic I was less than impressed by her lack of knowledge on the subject. Come to find out from other members in the gym, she is using it herself to prepare for competitions.

Mind you this lady looks like she barely weighs a 100lbs and her face is sunken in to the point she resembles Skelator. I've heard about the pressure that competing places on you and if that's a result of competing in the sport then I want no part in it.

Brent Pope, who claims to be the "owner" is not. He simply does this as a scare tactic to try and prevent people from making complaints, which there are several. Instead of handling the complaints like a professional he ignores them and deletes them off of Google reviews in order to try and keep his rating high.

He is one of the "trainers" there and charges a ridiculous amount in order for him to train you. I firmly believe you get what you pay for but he charges $500 a month and none of his clients have results to justify that amount of money. I wouldn't pay more than $10 a session for him to train me. All he does is stand next to you the entire time.

Never once have I seen him correct form for his clients, which most need because they are performing exercises in a manner that could cause severe injury.

They practice unlawful business at this location. It's a well known fact the peptide skeleton pays Brent in peptides to utilize the office space. He goes into her office without her there with his backpack to collect his payment. It's been seen numerous times by many of the members there because he doesn't always close the door when he's in there.

I'm sure if the doctor she worked for was aware they wouldn't be ecstatic about what's going on.

The facilities are filthy. The floors are hardly swept if swept at all, the equipment doesn't get wiped down unless it's by a member who is finished using it. The ceiling is falling in due to the rain, there are bats that fly through the gym. They get in from the broken and falling tiles in the ceiling.

The bathroom and showers are always a mess and there are holes in the wall that have been there for quite sometime.

As a member who travels for work I have used several different Anytime Fitness facilities across the United States. This location has the worst staff, "trainers", and facilities I've ever used.

User's recommendation: Find a different gym, don't lock yourself into a contract with this gym,

HParis C

Anytime Fitness - Poor Customer Service - Image 4
Anytime Fitness - Poor Customer Service - Image 5
Anytime Fitness - Poor Customer Service - Image 6
Updated by user Nov 16, 2023

I am now halfway through my pregnancy and do you think that rep ever reached back out or anyone from the company?…nope. Definitely plan to move forward with canceling my membership altogether.

Original review Oct 09, 2023
Love my gym and the staff, never an issue with them. This is specifically regarding customer service with handling my account, and multiple requests for a refund on my personal training charges.
I advised my trainer that I was pregnant at around 4 weeks, so we agreed that I would see my doctor first before we continued.

Less than a week later, I was in the hospital for a missed abortion meaning they couldnt see a fetus & they werent certain if my bleeding was a miscarriage. My trainer went ahead and had my account frozen, but I wasnt aware that it was only temporary. I bled throughout my entire first trimester because of a subchorionic hematoma, cramping due to a fibroid that continues to grow, and an ovarian cyst. Clearly, my body has been going through a lot, so personal training is out of the question.
After I noticed that the charges were being drafted again, my trainer gave me a customer service reps email.

I sent him an explanation of the situation and asking for a refund. His whole communication irritated me. Stop telling pregnant women most doctors recommend women exercisewe know what most doctors recommend, so if im telling you i cant physically do something its because ive been told not too.
Regardless, my OBs note said i couldnt do PT and needed my gym membership frozen until after my postpartum checkup when she can clear me. I am a high risk pregnancy.

He messages back that he froze it until my due date (and completely ignored me asking for a refund). I once again asked for a refund and pointed out that the note included postpartum which would not be when I was delivering my baby. His response in so many words was well extend it as needed and well keep your money as a credit for future sessions .excuse me? Thats not at all what asked for!

If my Doctor clearly notes that I need to be medically cleared following giving birth then the best practice would be to freeze my account indefinitely, and advise me to reach back out when I can return. I havent been to the gym since I was 4 weeks pregnant, im now almost 15 weeks.

Why would I just allow that much money to sit in an account I cant use when i have medical bills to focus on. Its been radio silence since i sent my last message on 10/5.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Staff is great
  • Plenty of machines
  • Gym is clean

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Apparently don’t have a high risk pregnancy

Guest

What a moron! A gym employee should not be giving medical advice and telling members to go against medical advice.

Faithlyn Fpm

| map-marker Glasgow, Glasgow City

Discussed staff

I stoped my membership of Anytime Fitness in November 2023. after I notified them 20 days before leaving and not 30 days as the contract stipulates, I was forced to pay a month plus another £20 penalty for deactivating the membership. after all this, it seems that the manager of this gym has forgotten to make my disconnection from the gym and I still get messages as if I am a debtor in anytime fitness. I contact them by phone and email, the manager does not answer. it is an unprecedented stress. I don't know how to deal with these people.
John A Hde
map-marker Rensselaer, Indiana

No one will call me back

Corporate wants to charge $1 to talk to me..I have no contract with them but they will not cancel my membership over the phone ..I live 2 hrs away and have drove there 3 times with no one being at gym to cancel it..
Loss:
Pros:
  • Nice gym and clean
Cons:
  • Management never there

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't bother trying to cancel over the phone..take a tent to camp out..cuz u never know when they will b there

Robin G Wvr

| map-marker Burnham, Pennsylvania

After being a member for 2.5 years, this is the 3rd time I have had large sums of money taken from my account. When you call to question it, no one answers the phones, you can never talk to anyone.

I finally got to talk with someone and explained everything, was told I would get a reimbursement. I am still waiting on the reimbursement. My step is going to be cancelling my membership as i cannot keep going thru this
Loss:
Pros:
  • Equipment is nice
Cons:
  • Doesnt seem like anyone knows what they are doing
  • Surprise withdrawals from your bank account

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not join anytime fitness

map-marker Gilroy, California

Billing

No one's ever at the gym physically. You can't get through on the phone. I can't find my member number. You can't get through on the phone and I don't like this third party finance. Whatever it is, I want to cancel my membership and I don't even know how to do that. Nobody ever gets back to me. Your customer service is really baaaadddd

User's recommendation: Do not join

map-marker Dallas, Texas

No response

I had to put my account on hold. I am now active and paying my membership but my key fob doesnt work and ginger in Decatur has been helping me but the people above her dont know what they are doing cause I cant use my fob at any other club. If you dont fix this in 1week I am canceling my membership and you owe me for training I havent use yet
Shannon F Mcf

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Bridgeport, Wisconsin

Write an emails to the company and complaining to the staff that does not get you anywhere.

Anytime Fitness - Write an emails to the company and complaining to the staff that does not get...

Our location has one tanning bed and it is literally the motivation that I use to get out of my house go work out and then reward myself with tanning I pay extra for the service and the bed will break down and nobody cares to fix it. When you mention that you're paying extra for the service they say that they will get right on it or you'll have to talk to somebody else or if you want you can call customer service or basically anything to placate the issue but not fix it.

Currently the bed has been down for a month they have the part there and they just have not fixed it there is never a refund on the extra money that you pay there is never anybody reaching out when you do try to contact somebody. I even wrote an email expressing my disappointment to the customer service email that is on their website and requested that somebody contact me back that was over a week ago I have not had a contact I've not had any phone calls I have not had any attempts to rectify the situation.

Me my daughter my sister my sister-in-law all go to this gym and none of us are currently happy and I expressed that and they could not care less to be honest. It is disappointing to spend your money on something that you know you're not getting your money's worth on and having the company that you are trying to give your funds to and use their service not care that their service is not living up to the standards that they say that they're going to.

Pros:
  • There is never anyone there so you can have your privacy
Cons:
  • Too many to list the lack of caring is the biggest one

Preferred solution: I would like to one receive a refund on the extra that I pay for the tanning that does not ever work and an apology for the fact that no one seems to care that their customers are not happy.

User's recommendation: Try to find a different gym I know it's the only one where we live but I would drive before I would consider going to this one..

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article