Las Vegas, Nevada
1.9

I joined my club as a initial member in 2005. Since I was a inaugural member I was offered a 3 year membership at a set price.

I was told as long as I kept up the membership it would stay the same rate. It had over the course of 3 different owners. Then it was recently sold this year. They claim its corporate that won't allow them to renew my contract at the rate I was intially signed up for.

Not only that, they want to triple the price. What kind of company tells there franchise owners what to charge? I will be leaving after 12 years. Luckily I kept my 24hour fitness membership that's been the same price since 1997.

What's really crazy is there's no locker room, no sauna,pool and 90% of equipment has been there for my entire tenure. Yet they want $5 more a month than the new rate at 24 hour fitness. What gives?

I figure they plan to close this location and try to push members to the larger one. What a poor company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

We just had the same thing happen to us. Almost $200 more for the next year (for a couple).

We're shopping elsewhere, as there's not really any classes to speak of and the ones that DO exist require an extra charge.

buy-bye Anytime...