Sydney, New South Wales

In my time as a member at gym, approx nine months. I have usedy membership five times ( approx), I finally decided to cut my losses and stop lossing money due life changing news. I was told I had one year left on my membership and I needed a medical cert to freeze membership longer than two months, I can get a certificate, if they show me there confidential agreement and authority to request such personal documents I felt forced into staying in and paying for a service I cannot now even use.

On signing up I discussed my concerns about expensive cancellation fees. I was assured no cancellation fee as well as an assurrance there were NO rolling contracts!

I was offered free personal training sessions which I foud offensive due to my decision already being

made hence my phone call. Now I feel annoyed that I will possibly need legal counsel. People do have freedom of choice don't they??, tired, disrespected donator.

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Comments

u didn't win *** they r lazy liars with a box getting u 2 come in so they can pressure u into whatever so u will sign then on 2 next victim! it's wrong

sound like your not responsible enough to handle a gym membership.

its your responsibility to generate a confidentiality agreement as its YOUR DOCTORS CERTIFICATE.

and that are the clauses in the agreement, present medical etc documentation to cancel it

WOW! Can you say LAZY???

First off, it's not THEIR fault you didn't use the facility. They're a business, and if you say you're going to sign for a certain amount of time, then you make what's called a "commitment". Not to THEM but to your health! As for the 2 year agreement, it's not a ripoff, it's for people like myself who aren't looking to get buy on the cheap and then use every excuse to get out of it because I lack discipline of self accountability.

I would sign for 2 years because I know I will workout forever! So, let me ask...if you buy a car, park it in your garage for 6 months and dont' drive it, do you try to take it back to the dealer and stop the payments and then try to sue them when they say no?

Same idea. Stop making excuses.

I would like to add you probably chose the 2 year agreement because it was cheaper per month than the 1 year agreement. This is a legal strategy on their part to lock you in for a longer term thus making more money. If you take them to court you will lose.

Let me help you out. I once joined a anytime fitness and several other fitness centers.

Anytime fitness offers a 1 and 2 year contract when you sign up. You must have chose the 2 year contract.. It's your fault not theirs. There are only a few ways out of it.

If you move to place that does not have an anytime fitness with in 30 miles or pay so and so fees to get out of it. The other one is just a medical hold, it does not cancel it. It's your fault not theirs. Next time have a better understanding of what you're getting yourself into.

Most commercial fitness centers are this way.

I recommend for future reference to use a locally owned small time gym, they're better anyways. Don't go to a commercialized BS gym that only cares about money.

@Heartless

shouldn't need 1 membership contact *** if your good ppl will come back. also it's a scam u sign up for drawing for them 2 lead u into a trap. u didn't win *** they r lazy liars with a box getting u 2 come in so they can pressure u into whatever so u will sign then on 2 next victim!