I completed my 3 year agreement. It switched to a month to month and when I tried to cancel, I was informed I had to go into the office to sign.

With my work schedule, I wasn't able to make it in. Finally after messages and voicemails back and forth, I was told the form could be emailed to me and I could sign it and email it back. Why wasn't I told this was an option in the beginning? Then, 2 months later, I'm getting emails and calls from ABC financial saying I owe $50 cancellation fee.

I have a copy of the form I signed and there is nothing on there saying I owed a cancellation fee. Also this was never told to me by the club. She just said I needed to sign the form. So now they're telling me I need to pay $50 or I'm going to collections.

This is upsetting especially because my friend was on month to month too and when she cancelled, there was no cancellation fee.

This is completely unfair and not necessary. Never again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

I tried to cancel my membership due to moving to Hawaii, they said they needed and address and copies of my ID in order to cancel. I emailed both of those things.

I thought it was canceled until recently when I checked my credit after being declined a bank account. And I owed $958.....

hopefully I can get it disputed. Seems like they like to screw their customers over.