Orlando, Florida

After reading reviews, I don't feel it is fair to catergorize as there are exceptions to the rule as in this case not all gyms and employers are the same as evident where I work.

I am a female Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor since Feb. 2009 at an ATF in Palm Coast Florida. Not only are the owner and staff very professional and fair, the gym is spotlessly clean and a very nice place to workout.

Our clients are easy to work with and also enjoy being there as I have heard many, many compliments.

It is by far the best place I have worked.

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Personal Trainer.

Comments

:) :grin ;) 8) :p :sigh :zzz :upset :eek :roll :? :cry :( :x

VERY WELL PUT! Therein lies the problem.

Consistency, training, experience, staffing, cleanliness, policies, resigning, etc. It's all about making $$$. The owners of 24 hour club franchises got sucked into it and are learning the hard way about how challenging the fitness industry can be. As soon as they realize they cannot break even and will be subsidizing the business and see no end in sight, the real fun begins!

Corporates are making BANK while franchisees are wiping out. Recession proof? RIGHT! Profitable?

RIGHT! Easy? RIGHT! They may be trying to survive with an impossible business model.

Hear that? It's the circling sound around the drain. Won't be long now for a lot of franchisees! (BTW, is this your first job?)

I guarantee it will put a smile on your face! :grin

My wife was a former Assistant Manager at a club. for close to 2 years she wasn't an assistant to anyone but the *** owner wouldn't give her the title or the pay of a manager. he then hired two other managers at two other clubs he opened and paid them over 11K a year more then my wife.

Problem was I wasn't working so her paycheck was the only one coming in. once i found work she couldn't quit soon enough.

where there is smoke there is fire. you may have lucked out or are an owner trying to put some good comments but I will paint them all with the same brush. there are lots of gyms out there. ATF is by far the worst. I hope they close up.

Go to Bluemaumau and look up "Anytime Fitness or Snap Fitness" and read what is happening to the 24 hour clubs in regards to staffing, tanning and CPR/AED requirements. I guarantee it will put a smile on your face! :grin