Teays Valley, West Virginia
3.0

I called to cancel my membership in june. They explained that I had to wait until July since that was part of the 1 year agreement.

I understood that policy but they were opening a new gym and explained it would be open in may. I planned on moving the following june so i knew that would be perfect. Well the opening date got pushed back until july so that "extended" my membership. I called in july like i was asked and they took my info etc and i assumed it was done.

I got a phone call back a few days later stating i had to put it in writing that I wanted my membership terminated. I understand the reason so i emailed minutes later. They said it takes "up to 30 days" to cancel a membership so i got billed for July, which pissed me off a little but i still understand policies etc. Well august rolls around and i get billed again.

I called the gym 15 minutes after staff arrives and spoke to a girl who seemed to have no clue about what was going on. I explained i wanted a refund because i cancelled my membership etc. she explained a manager would call me back to resolve the issue. This is not the first time the manager was supposed to call me back about this issue and have not received a call yet.

I emailed them this evening and wrote on their facebook wall about how unhappy i am and how i want resolution.

We will see what happens, i really expect nothing and a lot of bs excuses.

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Comments