1.9

I moved and decided cancel my membership with Anytime Fitness as there was a different gym closer to my new place. I emailed them fully filled out cancellation form they gave me and never heard back from them.

This was July 2016 and in December 2016 I realized they were still taking payments out. I emailed and called the physical gym location and I was stalled and my requests ignored. After two months they sent an email stating I had "used" the gym three times for tanning since I cancelled. They told me the months I used the gym but not specific dates.

I have plane ticket and bookings at a retreat to prove that I was not in the area during one of the months they claimed I used the gym. Instead of investigating further they decided that I had indeed used my fob to enter into an Anytime Fitness location and the membership department returned two months of misappropriated fees and will not refund me in full. It looks as if Anytime Fitness has this situation repeatedly as I see many membership complaints on their website. I would not recommend anyone to give Anytime Fitness access to your visa or bank account.

If you have any trouble like I have had please call Consumer Protection BC (if you are in British Columbia Canada) at 1-888-564-9963 and build your case against them as I am doing. You can also access small claims court if the Consumer Protection services do not pan out. Please remember to keep all files in writing/emaila rather than phone calls and that should protect you more.

Good luck! I have uploaded a photo of my original cancellation with the date at the top of the email to show everyone that this is legitimate.

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

• anytime fitness center

Comments

I had exactly that problem with Anytime Fitness in Vero Beach. I did what they asked and sent proof of my new address and a request for cancellation back in November.

They ignored this. They do not return phone calls, and repeated calls to abcfinancial who handles their billing along with email copies were fruitless.

Today in February they tell me I live too close to their other location here to cancel. My contract has ended and they are STILL jerking me around!!