Union, New Jersey

joined in Jan have yet to use gym for work & personal reasons. called to cancel to find out i will still have to pay the membership for the full year.was not told i could not cancel at anytime and on top of that get a lecture from the sales rep about why i should be going.

they also do not have a pt on staff to show me the equipment use unless i go in the evening, i work in the evening, or a weekend. tried the weekend but with work didn't make it I am on call 24 hours.

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Personal Trainer.

Comments

Anytime and Snap both use a third party billing company to try and insulate them from the negative publicity. They consistently use this to their advantage to extract additional fees, dues and revenue from unsuspecting members.

This was obvious while I was involved and one of the reasons why I am no longer. Between employee errors, lack of management oversight, corporate issues and the billing company involvement, it is almost guaranteed you will pay more than what you agreed to.

It's all about making $$$. Customer service is thrown out the window with this business model, especially when it is time to resign.

They NEED and will DEMAND every CENT owed them to help sustain their losing venture. Like many other 24 hour club franchisees, they got sucked into a franchise and are learning the hard way about how challenging the fitness industry can be. The corporates are making BANK while franchisees are wiping out. Recession proof?

RIGHT! Profitable? RIGHT! Easy?

RIGHT! They are trying to survive with an impossible business model. If they are perfrorming business like this, they must be close to going under. Hear that?

It's the circling sound around the drain. Won't be long now!

I want to be a former member, but cannot get any of the owners of the location that I am a member to contact me back. I am going to have to go to the next step.

I will seek legal counsel if someone does not contact me to cancel the membership.

I have called on of the owners, I have emailed them 2 times as well and no one contacts me back. This is way to inconvenient and unheard of treatment.

Go to Bluemaumau and look up "Anytime Fitness or Snap Fitness" and read what is happening to the 24 hour clubs in regards to staffing, tanning and CPR/AED requirements. I guarantee it will put a smile on your face! :grin