Bainbridge Island, Washington

I CANCELLED MY MEMBERSHIP IN PERSON ON NOVEMBER 2010 AND DID NOT NOTICE THEY WERE STILL CHARGING ME MONTHLY UNTIL MARCH 2011.. I'VE TALKED TO FORMER MEMBERS WHO LEFT THIS GYM WHO HAD THE SAME ISSUES BUT I DIDN'T TAKE IT SERIOUS ENOUGH UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE.

I'VE MADE ATTEMPTS TO CONTACT THEM WITH NEGATIVE RESULTS ALONG WITH LEAVING MESSAGES. I AM NOT AVAILABLE IN THE LOCAL AREA TO COME IN PERSON SO TOMORROW I WILL BE CONTACTING MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY TO DISPUTE THESE ILLEGAL CHARGES. IT IS SO SAD TO TRUST THESE COMPANIES WITH YOUR INFORMATION.

JUST LIKE STEALING MONEY FROM MY POCKET.

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Comments

#419795

we too cancelled membership. We have email confirmation of cancellation.

They stopped charging but two months later re-initiated charges. A year later they were still charging despitite ongoing request to stop. I consider this FRAUD. Finally had my bank close my account- but now they are fighting reimbursing me over $300+ of improper funds they obtained from me.

I reported them to BBB but they have moved location - and they responded that they are not responsible and i have to go to the new owner (who by the way already reimbursed me the 2 months they were responsible for). Add insult to injury is how rude and unpleasant they are treating me - how can they remain in business?