Gardiner, Maine
4.6

I signed up today in Portland, Maine (Northgate Mall). Facility is completely clean and has lots of space for exercise, only three or four clients when I visited at 3 PM. Two emergency signalling systems (security company and police) for security 24 hours a day.

The manager was incredibly polite and helpful, making my admission keys quickly and even taking plenty of time to show me how to do a specific exercise (for deltoids) when I asked. He said the gym can be full around 9 AM and 5 PM, which seems reasonable to me (I'll just stay away then).

Excellent bright lighting and comfortable temperature and music. Special room for automated (video) exercises. Most of the standard gym equipment, including full sets of dumbbells, barbells, medicine balls, and kettlebells.

Bicycles, cardio trainers, and treadmills. Run and walk groups. Cheap for this area, although I got a membership for free through a program through my health insurance (Silver Sneakers). I love this gym, and feel that it compares favorably with the much bigger gyms I have used in past years.

Reason of review: Almost all of the above.

Anytime fitness Pros: See my review for full list.

• Excellent Service