Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Stay away from this company... I signed a 1 year contract in 08 and the GYM in my neighborhood went out of business a few months later, the company would not let go of my social security # and every time i went to an ANYTIME FITNESS everybody in the building was just a trainer, i finally changed my debt # and now they will not cancel until my balance is 0, so in the meantime $35 a month is adding up, this is the used car lot of the GYM business. stay far away from these *** and do not give them your card #.

Comments

Shame on you anytime fitness when someone signs a contract for a year and they abide by the rules of the contract during the year they should no longer be charged after the contract period is over unless they resign. Go back to business school and pay attention especialy to the ETHICS part of school.

I mistakenly convinced a friend to sign on with ATF. After 2 months, this particular franchise went out of business, but had already collected his money for an entire year of membership.

When he asked for a full refund on the remaining money, we were told that the operator would give the franchise owner our phone number and she would call us back. That never happened of course.

Well hello Mr. Corporate Anytime or ABC below.

Rewarding, to rip people off? Direct impact on daily lives, for sure, their financial status! Numerous revenue streams, what, all the people who try to resign and can't? Nobody is perfect?

That we can agree on. Owner or franchiser not aware of laws, what planet have you been hanging out on? That is their fault and no excuses justify this.

Go back to your "pie in sky" board room and enjoy the "franchiser heavy" rewarded system of success while the franchisees languish in dept and sacrifice. Show your colleagues your post and maybe you will qualify for employee of the month....

First, I'm sorry you had these issues. As an owner of an Anytime Fitness I can tell you that it is very rewarding experience. No other industry allows such a direct impact on people's daily lives and that's what gets me up in the morning.

As for the business model, it is extremely sound and viable. There are numerous revenue streams, but extracting additional fees is not one of them, I assure you. While it is true that we use a 3rd party to do billing, it is also true that 80% of the industry does as well. ABC Financial is the largest billing provider for gyms in the nation and they do a fantastic job, but nobody is perfect.

If you feel that someone is operating outside the law, give the owner, who is more than likely not aware of the transgression, a chance to fix the problem by bringing it to them.

Anytime Fitness and Snap Fitness both use a third party billing company to try and insulate them from the negative publicity. They consistently use this to their advantage to extract additional fees, dues and revenue from unsuspecting members.

This was obvious while I was involved and one of the reasons why I am no longer. Between employee errors, lack of management oversight, corporate issues and the billing company involvement, it is almost guaranteed you will pay more than what you agreed to. BE PREPARED FOR THE MASS CLOSINGS OF BOTH FRANCHISES IN THE NEAR FUTURE.

Besides a weak business model, most 24/7 clubs throughout the country are performing business contrary to the current state, county and city laws and regulations. BUYER BEWARE!