Alpharetta, Georgia
1.7K views

DON'T DO IT!! After my contact expired I had to go in person to the gym to cancel.

Every time I set up a time to do so, after speaking with the owner and being assured he would be there, he was not. He claimed to be there often, but I rarely saw him while I was working out and he was never then when I went to cancel. I had to cancel my credit card to stop the automatic payments. I was then contacted by their collections agency to pay.

They had no authority to cancel my membership. I called their corporate offices, and they could not cancel my membership. They did call the gym, and the guy sent his FATHER to meet me. They treated me poorly when I was there, calling me a liar and insisting that they were honest people.

If I could file criminal charges I would. Liars, cheats, rude, obnoxious.

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Comments

Same thing here in Broussard Louisiana all I wanted to do was delay my contract due to medical reasons they were very rude

Hey out of shape jack ***! They have month to month options. You don't want a contract don't sign it!!

@Ben

Actually most of the gyms dont have that option.

@Ben

Yeah the one here didn't.

anytime done the same thing to me. transworld collections keep calling day after day. they both are theifing corporate bastards.they need to go to jail for fraud.

It's all about making $$$. Customer service is thrown out the window with this business model, especially when it is time to resign.

They NEED and will DEMAND every CENT owed them to help sustain their losing venture. Like many other 24 hour club franchisees, they got sucked into a franchise and are learning the hard way about how challenging the fitness industry can be. The corporates are making BANK while franchisees are wiping out. Recession proof?

RIGHT! Profitable? RIGHT! Easy?

RIGHT! They are trying to survive with an impossible business model. If they are perfrorming business like this, they must be close to going under. Hear that?

It's the circling sound around the drain. Won't be long now!

i just valled to cancel and they told me to wite a letter telling them why i want to cancel o.0 i nbeen to otehr gyms wtf the never had me write aletter so imma worte the damned thing and see what happens so far all complaint i have seen our out of cali so thast a goo thing swear if i get charged nay more after i canle easy imma do what i did befoer SWITCH BANKS HAHAHA Inshape best gym i been to ever

#119736

Go to Bluemaumau and look up "Anytime Fitness or Snap Fitness" and read what is happening to the 24 hour clubs in regards to staffing, tanning and CPR/AED requirements. I guarantee it will put a smile on your face! :grin

#119733

Get a life AO. It's obvious you post to make your company look good. I like how you delete your old posts and just put the same thing up over and over again.

#119732

#119725

ao sounds like a corporate *** He probably is the manager at one. No one customer is that active on the positive side.

Normal people's lives are too busy. Only someone trying to build good PR, or do damage control would be pimping this place as much as ao

ao, you seem convinced that you know better about what happened than the people involved. since you weren't there, I suggest you stop telling us what the documents said or what we understood, and just accept the Anytime Fitness is an unethical, untrustworthy company. I highly suspect you work for Anytime given your repeated attempts to make the consumer look wrong and Anytime blameless.

I had to call the owner 10 times and then he keeps refering me to other employees and then i had to call ABC financial which is the company that charges ur crdit card and cancel my credit card and call the dispute charges department of my CC company .

buttom line: worst club ever they just wanna trap u in the begining and then good luck in getting out of that trap with the least damage

AO, I know exactly what was explained to me and what the contract said. Ultimately they want to justify poor behavior by making it somebody elses fault.

In the future, until you have experienced it first hand, keep quite. I have no tolerance for somebody with no experience telling me how it must have been.

I to tried to cancel my membership and had to go to my family doctor to get a note to cancel my account. They continue to take money from my account after I have given them the doctors note!

I What a crock of ***! Who ever heard of needing a doctors note or proof of moving out of state in order to cancel your membership.

These place are nothing but bad news. I will never join another gym!

My experience was that payments were made from my debit card...and after a year I decided to cancel my membership since I have health issues and work schedule conflict. They said that I signed for three years and that they need a doctors note stating why. I wrote them a letter that medical information is private and that I can not give them that information. They did not respond and still kept trying to draw money from my account even when they did not get the authorization after changes in my bank account. After a $75 dollars posting debiting my account, I called my bank that there was a unauthorized debit to my account and I was told that the Anytime fitness tried 13 times ina span of three weeks trying to draw different amounts in my account. Anytime fitness was unsucessfull and they called me after the bank denied their claim and is still billing me different amounts each time.

I'm holding out until they take me to court so I don't have to pay attorney fees.

They are a big corporate scam!!!

The contract has to say something different than what you understand as to the expiration of your contract. Otherwise, on what grounds would they call a customer a liar if in fact it is in black and white as to the end of the agreement?

Did you want OUT of your contract?

IF so, I can understand such a nightmare. Like the Hotel California...what goes in never comes out until midnight of the date of expiration.