Fargo, North Dakota

Wow - I joined this gym after I got a new job and wanted to treat myself. Unfortunately within the month, my car died and I was forced to get a new one.

I was unable to afford both payments. They wouldn't let me cancel. Best I could do was a 6-month deferment of payments. K, so Jan 2014 I started paying.

I still was never able to access any other location and at that point I was so bitter I just sucked up $44 for A YEAR! Jan 2015 - I get charged again. Whoa! What?

So I call and explain the situation. "You are in month-to-month now so...you never came in and gave your 30-day cancellation notice." What? I was never told I had to come in and do ANYTHING. "Well, it was in the contract you signed...you initialed it..." This place is ridiculous, they CONTINUE to screw me over.

Never going through them again. Ever.

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

How is you not going in to sign a simple piece of paper to cancel your month to month their problem, if you are open ended now don't be a lazy test and sign it. Don't blame the club for your laziness. They meed documentation.