Most ridiculus franchise I have ever dealt with. Period.

Here are some lines from emails after the owner had incorrectly charged up account:

"Don't ever send another email like that to me again"

"you flipped out over $19.50, shows alot about your character"

"The drafts will continue and a late fee will be attached to each."

And this is what I get after I inform them of a mistake THEY made!!!

Well, during my contract, I had to change my billing account, he assured me he could do it from there and said it wouldn't be a problem. I receive a collection call from his billing company the next month as my account had not been changed. The owner called and I gave him the new account number, again. I checked the draft and he had overcharged my account.

I contacted the financial company to get the matter resolved, copying him so he could verify the mistake and recieved the following statements including a ridiculous voicemail consistent with the statements above (Also, Anytime Fitness corporate had nothing to say about the incident, so I guess this type of behavior is accepted, and the billing company refunded my money with no questions asked.)

The owner of these places can be anyone, no customer service is required as your signed into a contract right off the bat, which is typical, but dealing with the smaller sizes of these gyms, it is more personal. I cannot WAIT to be out of this contract and done with this. The customer service has literally sickened me. And the corporate response is shockingly unsympathetic. They must have heard I signed a contract too.

Not to mention, initially, I tried on 3 occasions to check it out and sign up during their grand opening week. Talked to the owner after every attempt, and showed up when he said he'd be there. The forth time was a charm in this case and his excuse for not being there the 3rd time I showed up was that he was out until 4am and was sleeping in the office. I know! I should have walked away right there. But I didn't

Comments

#119729

Go to Bluemaumau and look up "Anytime Fitness or Snap Fitness" and read what is happening to the 24 hour clubs in regards to staffing, tanning and CPR/AED requirements. I guarantee it will put a smile on your face! :grin