6015 W Forest Home Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53220, USA
2.1

When signing up for my membership, I was open with the employee about the fact that I might be moving from the area at some point. The employee informed me that that was no problem, and told me that it would be cheaper for me to sign a contract and then cancel when I moved out of the area, that I would only be charged a $50 +one month fee for early cancellation.

I moved across the country and got a job that includes a free gym membership.

When I called to cancel my membership, I was told by one employee that the only way I could cancel was to pay 1/2 of the total membership fees left on my contract. When I brought up what the first employee told me, he had his manager give me a call. The manager told me that, because I was on a contract, there was no option for me to cancel- I would either have to run the contract to the end (paying the full price every month) or "give the gift of health" to someone and have them take over my membership. When I brought up what employee #2 told me, about paying 1/2 of what was left of my contract, he told me that that wasn't actually an option.

I feel completely swindled by this company.

I was given false information by the first employee, it seems, just to get me to sign a contract, and then given false information by a 2nd employee for no reason. Now I'm stuck making 6 months of payments for a membership I won't even use because I didn't fact-check every employee I spoke to. If I did this at my job, I'd lose my license.

It's incredibly frustrating. Employees shouldn't be able to say whatever they want just to sell a contract.

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Anytime fitness Cons: False information given to sell a contract.

Comments