Dallas, Texas

Update by user Jun 02, 2011

As a follow-up. Anytime Fitness decided to do the right thing and refunded my \"enhancement fee\" and waived the 30 day fee.

I\'m guessing the \"fee\" was not legal and in my contract. I recommend you check your contract and read the fine print.

Original review posted by user Jun 01, 2011

I was recently hit with an authorized charge to my credit card for an "Enhancement Fee". There was no such thing when I signed up nor was I ever informed of this fee.

I have asked corporate and the local center for a copy of my contract where it states they can make this charge against me and they refuse to show me anything. What if they decided the "fee" was $250 or $2500? I have emailed both corporate, the local center and ABC Finance (a fancy name for a collection agency) and no response from them in regards to my contract. As for me, I will be contacting the local TV stations that investigate fraud and misrepresentation of their contracts and let them chat with Anytime Fitness.

I may pursue them through Small Claims Court and subpoena all have sent me e-mails.

If enough of us call or complain we may be able to have something done about their abuse to their customers.

Comments

Anyone who joins this franchise as anytime should carefully watch their billing as this situation is a broken record in the 24/7 fitness club industry. Read the other complaints about Anytime and Snap and the method of operation is the same, collect billing info.

and bend you over! Smile Bandaid62, you ar ein the minority!

@THIS IS TYPICAL

Lon Page / AF Millwood needs the money for his new car & honeymoon. Where did the $20,000 from last year go?

Club bought a "USED" climber & recumbent bike, & a couple other small pieces of equipment. We bet it didn't even come to 1/2 of what he took in. How many of us (members) could afford to take as many "trips" as you did last year?? It is not in our contract for any "club enhancement fees".

Last year you said it was a "One Time Fee". Now you are telling everyone it is an annual fee. Annual put big $$,$$$ into Lon Page's pocket.

When someone complains, you LIE and then disable their fob so they can't enter the gym. Shame on you Lon Page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a follow-up. Anytime Fitness decided to do the right thing and refunded my "enhancement fee" and waived the 30 day fee.

I'm guessing the "fee" was not legal and in my contract. I recommend you check your contract and read the fine print.