1477 Fitzgerald Dr, Pinole, CA 94564, USA
Additional Fees

I joined a local Anytime Fitness in January 2017.They told me I could go to any location, which appealed to me.

They said I had to sign a one year contact, but that it would be very easy to get out of it. All I had to do was say I was moving and that would be it. I joined despite the very high monthly fees. I went a few times, not as much as I had hoped.

I decided to go to a different location that was closer to my work. Again, I went a few times. I decided to finally drop my membership in Oct. 2017 because it wasn't worth it anymore, and I went in to my original site I signed the contact with to inform them.

They said that they would not be able to help me because my membership was transferred to the new location I was going to. This was a surprise to me. I said I never authorized that, was never told that was even a possibility. I went to the location my membership had been transferred to, and told them I wanted to drop the membership.

They refused to do so. The man there said he could not help me b/c he was not the owner. The owner, of course, was not on site, was no where to be found. He gave me a number to call for the owner.

Tried that, no answer. I emailed him, no reply. I was so frustrated and angry. I called the ABC billing, which is the 3rd party billing agency for AF, and they said they could not help me.

After 2 days, owner finally replies to my email. He says I can pay a $200 fee to break contract. I explained that is not what was told to me when I first signed. He said too bad, I had to deal with him and his contact now.

I said I am moving, I want out. He said I had to provide him a copy of my lease with my name on the lease AND the new address could not be within 25 miles of an AF location. He said he had to authenticate the lease. He also said I could provide him with medical records that explicitly stated I could not exercise and I needed a diagnosis that he would approve.

The back and forth went on for several days. He kept changing and adding on new requirements. I had someone else call on my behalf and he was equally as rude and unreasonable. He even hung up the phone in my face.

It was absolutely horrible, unprofessional, and out of line. I felt so helpless. No one from corporate would help me. I was eventually able to beg the original gym to help me when I explained what was happening, and they took pity on me.

Please do NOT join this gym. They are frauds and snakeoil salesmen. They will be so nice to your face before you sign, but see what happens when you try to get out of the contact! I followed their exact directions and was highly mistreated.

This has been so stressful and harrowing. No one would help me and you can't get in touch with anyone. You are left in the cold.

The absolute worst business model I have ever interact with.I hope they fold.

Review about: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Cancellation policy is not fair, Not being able to cancel, Poor customer services, Owner evades calls and emails, Did not follow contract.

Had an Experience with Anytime Fitness?

Comments