Toronto, Ontario

I am a member of anytime fitness as well as my boyfriend. We are apart of Lorne Park Anytime Fitness. The Owner is a ***! He does not know how to run a business as well thinks just because we are younger (21,19) we don't know our rights and legal rights. When my boyfriend joined he joined a year ago was told you get the 12th month free. He joined February 2011. February 2012 was suppose to be his free month he was charged. Because the money was not in the account he received an NSF fee. Three days later even though we contacted Lorne Park Anytime Fitness and he said he would deal with it and call us back, anytime fitness attempted to take out the money again this time a higher amount. It bounced again! Now because its attached to my account(which I only put the money in this account when the payment is to come out) My account is at $-111.19 which is unreal!!!

This isn't the first time we had a problem with this club. They had signs outside the gym saying $60 for 60 days ! I wasn't a member at that time so I was excited and was going to sign up but when I called they said oh sorry its for students only! The sign did not say that! As well as their website said the exact same thing 60 dollars for 60 days! FALSE ADVERTISING!!!

So I let this go, I then found online 7 days free membership to see if I liked this gym. So I clicked it , it said like us on Facebook and receive a 14 day free membership. So I did this, it sent it to my email I then printed it and brought it in. I was told that they can't honour this and I can only get the free 7 day membership. IT WAS ON THEIR WEBSITE!!!!!!! FALSE ADVERTISING AGAIN!

My boyfriend was also never told it was a 12 month contract! He was told that he would get the 12th month free yes but never said that it was a contract you can't cancel nor pay a cancellation fee. He tried cancelling it three months later because he was going to NB because his grandmother passed away. This did not matter he was told no you signed on contract you can not cancel this.

DO NOT EVER JOIN AN ANYTIME FITNESS!! LOOK ONLINE AT ALL THE COMMENTS! EVERYONE SAYS THE SAME THING!

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Comments