Maple Grove, Minnesota

Anytime fitness is overpriced for what little they offer and makes it impossible to quit. They conned me into signing up by telling me that they would waive the $70 membership fee that I would have to pay if I decided to join at a later date "what a great deal!" I stupidly thought.

Well I should have checked with my insurance company first and done my research because it turns out my insurance has a max of 2 people they reinburse, so instead of paying $10 a month, I am paying $43 a month for a gym I no longer use. On top of that they told me I would get a free personal trainer visit and that they would contact me. 3 months later and no contact. I asked them and they told me that 'I' have to contact them, but when I emailed the address they gave, it was no longer in service.

They also say the only way I can quit is if I 1) die 2) sell my membership to someone else 3) move more than 10 miles away from any gym [Which is impossible unless you move into farm country-and they demand proof] or 4) become permanently disabled0which again, proof.

Long story short they are overpriced with mediocre equipment, so do our research before joining and don't let their *** customer service trap you. They are only interested in one thing: $$$

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

• great deal