West Hartford, Connecticut
Resolved
2.3

Update by user Oct 09, 2015

Manager reached out to me and said that my experience was atypical; allowed me to pass the paid month of October off to a friend in the area and won't be charging me for November. Much better.

Original review posted by user Oct 02, 2015

A complete disaster to try to walk away from! They demand a "30 day notice" to begin the cancellation policy, but the 30 day countdown doesn't begin until you provide "proof" of your move. That's because they know darned well nobody starts receiving mail to a new address until you actually MOVE there, so I'm now in Boston trying to forward them my freaking mail so that they believe me that I've moved.

Not only that, but since the 30 day counter doesn't begin until they receive "proof", even though I left the state in late September, they are going to force me to pay through November (because 30 days from the day they receive my "proof" will be past the November bill date. CONVENIENT).

TO TOP IT OFF, they won't let people I still have in West Hartford adopt my membership for the two months THAT I'VE ALREADY PAID FOR.

DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM. They are scam artists and the facilities are small and lacking as it is.

Anytime fitness Pros: Access to all facilities 24 7.

Anytime fitness Cons: Unethical practices, No help on the phone, Customer service, Not being able to cancel.

• anytime fitness center