1.1K views

The mgmt of the Anytime Fitness in Bedford, Raleigh, NC apparently does not know the difference between living their faith and imposing it. Having heard stories about the 2 managers proselytizing, I never thought much of it until I walked into the gym and heard Christian rock music playing! In confronting one of the managers, he told me that it was in response to parents being concerned about the vulgar music on some of the more popular radio channels.

After pointing out that there are lots of radio stations that are very child friendly but are not religious in nature, that they are alienating people/members that are not of their faith and that it is a freaking gym and NOT a church, I was told they would look into it and NOTHING has been done.

I will be cancelling my membership today!

Review about: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Had an Experience with Anytime Fitness?

Comments

Stop persecuting the poor christians.Everyone is taking away their rights these days.

They don't even have the right to tell everyone else how to live.

They can't openly discriminate.What is the world coming to?

Be VERY glad that you are NOT in Utah.Life there is a living *** IF you are not a so called "member" of the Mormons.

They do not leave you alone, and treat you like *** if you don't join them.The best thing to come out of UT was the interstate. The happiest day of my life was when I left.

Free at last, free at last, thank god I am free at last.:)

Smyrna, Tennessee, United States #716703

Ok to be fair the gym offers a free week trial at least all the anytime fitness gyms I've been to do so if u have any common sense you could have tried the gym b4 to see if you liked it or not.Publicly complaining about music of all things is just a waste of time plus its not like u can't bring you headphones and listen to your own music.

The same way you dislike the "church music" a lot of people who are really serious about religion dislike secular or worldly music...

funny how they are smart enought to just go workout and bring headphones.So stop complaining its really not even that big a problem

I currently live in Charlotte but I have visited the Anytime Fitness in Bedford.The staff that works there, are the nicest people in the world.

They would help anyone out who was in a bind. I know for a fact they donate alot of their time to hospitals, schools, and churches. The YMCA's were founded on Christian beleifs and so was this Country! Regardless of your religion, this gym is welcoming and inviting to all.

Its a family friendly atmoshphere.

I think we all can agree that its difficult to pick one music station and make everyone happy.But if you take the time to get to know these guys and it will make you want to be a better person regardless of what you believe in.

to Jman #987131

Do your research.The country was NOT founded on religion at all.

It was actually suppose to be the opposite !

God was forced into the government in the 50s as a way to alienate Russia !

to Anonymous #1093914

People have no clue about the actual history of the country. Just believe whatever the churches keep telling you.

#371981

Wow, its kinda funny how people use 'dictionary language' when the bible is concerned.It seems like the hippie guy is upset about Christian music being played while he runs on a treadmill.

I don't recall ever seeing signs outside of ANY fitness club, public or private, banning the use of headphones and ipods. It's just as easy to walk out then to have a useless argument online.

What if this website were to stream Christian music in the background?Would you still use this forum to complain...yeah, you probably would...I assume..

#371980

#371972

To correct an earlier post, Anytime Fitness is NOT a public gym. It is private where only members have access.

I have been in gyms and they all play different music. Some I like, some not. You will never please everyone.

If you have something against God or don't like Christian music then do what everyone else does. Bring earbuds and listen to something else.

Seriously, what an ignorant cry baby.

to Dallaslife #890897

Exactly!Its a private business, they can chose to run it as they wish and refuse membership to anyone they wish.

If you don't like the music, bring your own as many have stated or cancel. No one is forcing you to stay, unless you signed a contract, oops.

Plus the person you are complaining to probably doesn't have the option to change the music if that's what the owners want playing.Think outside of yourself for a change.