Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
2.7

Unable to cancel contract even when told verbally at sign up that only 30 days notice required to cancel at anytime. Will be pursuing further as there have been others with same concern.

They keep bringing up the contract that was signed and denying any verbal agreement. Won't hold up in court but watch what it does to their business. Already three neighbours joined another gym just because of what they heard about Anytime Fitness.

Although summer months were free, and only used gym 4 times, I physically have reasons for cancelling. Gym is new and off to a bad start.

Reason of review: Backing off on verbal agreements.

Anytime fitness Cons: Verbal promises not kept.

Comments

Hello,

As the owner of Anytime Fitness, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience with us. However, I think it's important to understand the position from a business owner's point of view.

We are a locally owned business and always take this type of feedback to heart. You did sign a contract with us, which is a promise to be a member for a year. In return, we promised to do all we could to help you succeed, including giving you a full 100% money back guarantee for the first 14-days, giving you the entire summer for free (whether you used it 4 times or 40 times, that was your choice), and giving you $150 of free personal training to get started. On top of that, my wife, myself and our team work very hard to make our club fun, high-end, supportive and always super clean.

I believe we upheld our end of the contract.

In the end, our goal is to help you get fit. Again, I apologize for your experience. I'm willing to pay for 4 personal training sessions for you in the hope that it helps you get back on track and shows you we are serious about helping you in any way we can.

The one thing we can't do is cancel an agreement if you lose interest in fitness. We do promise to do everything we can to help you get and stay fit and healthy.

Yours in good health,