Verified Reviewer

1.1

Hi, I wanted to make a complaint about the manager of the Kapolei anytime fitness location, Colin Burris. This is on the behalf of my partner, who was a member there for three months until yesterday.

Firstly he made my partner jump through unnecessary hoops to cancel her membership, and tried to overcharge her twice for a cancellation fee that was already paid off. When she tried to cancel, he asked why and because the fact that she didnt have time anymore wasnt enough of a reason for him, She went on to explain to him it was triggering for her eating disorder and he made extremely rude comments about it. For one he basically said She used it as a crutch / excuse not to work out and that She would never lose weight if I kept making excuses, - excuses being a serious eating disorder. He made suggestive remarks about her being lazy, too, all while she tried to cancel.

However, He wouldnt let her cancel and froze her account instead but still charged her for a monthly membership? And when She called to set that straight, he said her account wasnt frozen and then proceeded to charge her a cancellation fee, which she was almost done paying for by the time she went into the locations office to sign cancellation papers, but he then tried to charge her for the entire cancellation fee all over again. In person, as well as over the phone he was sarcastic and condescending to the fullest and I have no idea how he is still a manager.

I am beyond disgusted by the service and treatment she received and I witnessed by this so called manager and WILL be having my lawyers reach out to cooperate for the emotional distress he has caused her, if something is not done about this. I would like an apology to be given to my partner immediately, and for colins higher-ups to be notified about this or I will be taking this to my lawyers.

User's recommendation: DO NOT go to this gym! Complete waste of time.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Anytime fitness Cons: Poor customer service.

Location: 563 Farrington Highway, Kapolei, HI 96707