Duluth, Georgia

This review is for Anytime Fitness Corporation and their Norcross, Georgia franchised location. Staff is very friendly, unless you have to deal with the owner.

He is a steroid head covered with tatoos and veins popping out of his head. He is constantly aggressive and barks orders at his staff. He yells at customers who ask questions without caring about their situation. He locked me into a one year contract but offered other people month to month and when I asked him about it he said he didn't need more customers when I walked in so he didn't need to cut me a deal.

He said he could do whatever he wanted with memberships because he owns the place and corporate can't make him do anything because he's a franchise. THIS IS TRUE. Corporate will not return phone calls. When I finally reached someone, he was shady and did not follow through on promises he made to help me.

He was powerless and equally unconcerned with the fact that I had been yelled at and treated unethically.

I believe it is unethical to give one customer a special deal but not another.

Comments

NICKNAME "VEINS" Herein lies the problem. Consistency, training, experience, staffing, cleanliness, policies, resigning, etc.

with these franchised 24 hour clubs. IT'S ALL ABOUT MAKING $$$. The owners of 24 hour club franchises got sucked into it and are learning the hard way about how challenging the fitness industry can be. As soon as they realize they cannot break even and will be subsidizing the business and see no end in sight, the real fun begins for members!

SOMEONE IS GOING TO PAY FOR THEIR MISTAKE! Corporates are making BANK while franchisees are wiping out. Recession proof? RIGHT!

Profitable? RIGHT! Easy? RIGHT!

They may be trying to survive with an impossible business model. Hear that?

It's the circling sound around the drain. Won't be long now for a lot of franchisees!

#119727

Go to Bluemaumau and look up "Anytime Fitness or Snap Fitness" and read what is happening to the 24 hour clubs in regards to staffing, tanning and CPR/AED requirements. I guarantee it will put a smile on your face! :grin

#119721