Apollo, Pennsylvania
1.1K views
3.5

I joined Anytime fitness in January of this year. When I joined I asked the manager if I would be able to cancel the membership.

He said yes, only that there would be a $50 fee to cancel. Nothing more was said. That made sense to me. I never would have signed anything that would have had me locked in with no way out.

Because of health/personal problems, I decided to cancel my membership. I called and the manager told me that I could not. He is the same manager who said I could when I joined. I asked him about the $50 fee.

He said that only applies if you are disabled and can't physically use more than 2/3 of the equipment. Not what I was told at all. Now I am stuck in a membership that I rarely use.

I tried to contact the corporate office but I cannot find a way to contact them with going through the home gym. I am very disappointed and will not recommend anyone else to go there.

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: I would be satisfied if my agreement was cancelled..

Anytime fitness Pros: Hours, Equipment, Cleanliness.

Anytime fitness Cons: Unable to cancel membership, Peoples bad reviews, Loud music, No lockers available.

Comments

We are going through the same cancellation issues right now because the local gym banned certain exercises that my husband uses all the time and I relocated for work and the nearest gym is over 25 minutes away. Ours told us we could write a letter to corporate (that the local gym would send) but I did some digging for corporate's contact info. Hopefully this helps...

Anytime Fitness Headquarters

12181 Margo Ave S, Hastings, MN 55033

(651) 438-5000

Shawna
@Anonymous

Thank you for the information!