I started a new job in November and my membership was no longer convenient.After a few months of occasional visits and being unable to cancel online, I stopped by a club near my office (not my home club) and was told I would need to contact my home club during their business hours.

(Weekdays until 7 and 10-3 Sat) I wasn't able to make it the next Saturday but did make it the subsequent Saturday. At this point, I have been trying to cancel for about 15 days. I get billed on approximately the 20th of each month. I have a 60 day cancellation agreement (not a problem).

I showed up on April 1 and then was informed I would make two more FULL payments (4/20 and 5/20, giving me access through June 19). Essentially, an 80 day cancellation. The gentleman at the club was unable to grasp this fancy math, so I simply signed the agreement as I had already waited over two weeks due to their requirement that I go to an inconvenient location at an inconvenient time. The crux of my problem is that this is not a 60 day cancellation policy unless you can arrange to be their the day before your next charge, or perhaps a couple days earlier (who really knows).

Bad taste in my mouth - it's only about $20, but could probably also be grounds for a class action lawsuit if I had the time or inclination (I have neither).

But I know I won't be signing up for a membership with them, and be increasingly careful if I choose to do business with any of their sister companies at Roark Capital.Very disappointed.

Review about: Anytime Fitness Cancellation Policy.

I liked: Flexible hours, Equipment was in generally good shape.

I didn't like: Cancellation methodology and terms.

3.4
Cleanliness
Equipment Quality
Additional Fees
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Anytime Fitness Membership
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy / $20
Preferred solution TRAINING of Franchisee and staff

Had an Experience with Anytime Fitness?

Submit review

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.