Jackson, Mississippi

Be aware that anytime fitness requires you to send a registered letter 30 prior to automatic renewal after your yearly contract is up. Make sure you read the contract and are aware of all the charges and requirements they place upon you.

Not only can you not drop your membership during the first year, you have to send them a notice by certified mail giving them 30 day notice you don't want the automatic renewal in force.

To me this seems to be a bit pitiful and I wish I had known going in it would be difficult to get out! If you have other options look at their contracts to make sure you are not being taken advantage of.

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Comments

Just FYI- automatic renewal is not required. It is stated on the contract when you sign, you have the option to sign/initial that section or not. Also, the 30 day cancellation policy is also clearly explained on the contracts.

Many complaints could be avoided if people took the time to read what they were signing before hand.

We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Financial Services was not a satisfactory one. I would like the opportunity to review your account and see that proper action has been taken. We strive to address all consumer feedback, positive or negative, and want to make your situation was handled properly.

I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post, however, should you have additional comments you would care to discuss, please email me at Stephanie.cook@abcfinancial.com.

Stephanie Cook

Data Research Analyst

ABC Financial Services, Inc.

My wife sent a letter telling Anytime fitness that we wont be using the gym after july since our contract was up in Aug and then called the gym letting them know and to see if we needed to drop off the key fobs. The manager here said, you have to call ABC Financial Services, INC.to cancel.

so we called and they said we have to pay for the month of Aug as well since we hadnt sent a letter to them letting them know we cancelled. We told them, We did mail a letter and we are cancelling. They said the account will NOT be cancelled until the recieve a letter letting them know we want to cancel. I told my bank not to let them withdraw a Aug payment.

We received a email saying they would be filing a 60 dollar judgement against us, We have worked hard to keep good credit and these folks have threatened it. We were pissed to say the least. So today we called ABC Financial Services, INC. We explained everything to the lady there and she brought up written notice.

We told her my wife had mailed a letter, she responded by saying well if you would show us proof, I asked her, If i mail a letter to my mom, how do I prove that. Her answer was, didnt you send it certified. By now I was really pissed, I asked her, what do I have to do to get out of this scam that I have now got myself into, Her response was, Send the certified letter and since they need 30 days notice we would pay for Sept as well. That bumped our bill to $ 129.00, even if we send off a certified letter today letting them know we no longer want our gym membership.

It was so easy to join the club and they made it sound so easy to quit but its not.

To us its just a scam to always get 1 to 2 months of extra dues to someone who doesnt want the membership anyway. My gym membership is at 3600 S Osage, Amarillo Tx