I posted the following review on Yelp - http://www.yelp.com/biz/anytime-fitness-alpharetta?hrid=2_4K_qenr1WTPQqRwcUk6A
and was subsequently banned from their facility.
Prior to leaving this review, I addressed my issue with CarolAnn Fitzpatrick (co-owner) over 2 months ago.
This gym is owned by Jeremy and CarolAnn Fitzpatrick. We were members for over a year. Everything was fine until personal trainer Susannah had a baby and decided to bring her infant (now toddler) child to the gym with her while she works with clients. This child is a normal child, screaming at the top of his lungs while I am trying to do Yoga.
The official policy of the gym is that members are not allowed to bring in guests without authorization from the gym owners. So why are personal trainers allowed to bring their children while they work with clients (and are getting paid)?
We sent CarolAnn and Jeremy Fitzpatrick an email the first time this incident happened and the response was, "we have spoken to Susannah previously regarding having her baby at her Training sessions…we have told her that she may need to cancel her PT classes if there is continuous crying or some other disorder in the gym."
Over 2 months after my initial email, the rules continue to be broken by personal trainer, Susannah.
I posted this review on Yelp and promptly received the following email from Anytime Fitness
Congratulations Caroline! By your actions today, you have succeeded in exploiting a child and shown how belittling and intolerant you are of others! If that was your goal you have certainly succeeded. The mother of the child whose picture you posted on a public website did not give you permission to take the picture. That is called exploitation of a minor.
Also, the comments you wrote on FB were entirely unnecessary. We noticed you had already transferred to another gym. This is no longer your home gym. Please do not try to return. You key fob has now been blocked.
Others have brought your poor behavior to our attention on many occasions, and we have told them to overlook it. Perhaps we should have told them to post your tantrums on FB and YELP as well.
As for disturbing your yoga. If you are truly into yoga, you should be able to do it anywhere. That's what the discipline is for.
CFO/Co-Owner, Fitzpatrick enterprises Fitness, Inc.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Personal Trainer
- Review category
- Fitness Centers
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I walked into a self-ie picture taking at 3:30pm Oct 8, 2014, I was wet (now with underwear on), but was not in the picture, 5 minutes later I brought..."
- "I have been trying to end my contract with this company for 6 weeks: first, they collected the bill for July 2015 and told me to send a letter asking..."
- " Are usually go once or twice a month to the Retro fitness gym in commack New York. I am extremely serious and disappointed. I lost my card..."
- "I have tried the same Taco Bell in Alpharetta GA. Each time they have charged more than any other Taco Bell in the area and make the food with..."
- "Have a Kitchen double oven and tried to self clean and 20 minutes latter the glass shattered all over!! What a mess and how do you manufacture a product that..."
- "I bought a washer/dryer set from a seller called Marcus who had a good rating over offer up which make me comfortable and asked him about the warranty he said..."
- "delamination on left side panel of slide out and structural issues on rear left and right side screws broke off so the sliders frame is coming apart from the frame..."
- "we booked Bali -> Cebu via KL. 2 flights , one booking AA cancelled the early morning flight and out us on the next one. The only problem is this arrives..."
- "I love I love kickboxing hence the name :) it's like burning massive calories at a party, cause the music is pumping and you just have fun whilst working out...."