Anytime Fitness - Banned after submitting a negative review about unathorized baby in the gym
I posted the following review on Yelp - http://www.yelp.com/biz/anytime-fitness-alpharetta?hrid=2_4K_qenr1WTPQqRwcUk6A
and was subsequently banned from their facility.
Prior to leaving this review, I addressed my issue with CarolAnn Fitzpatrick (co-owner) over 2 months ago.
This gym is owned by Jeremy and CarolAnn Fitzpatrick. We were members for over a year. Everything was fine until personal trainer Susannah had a baby and decided to bring her infant (now toddler) child to the gym with her while she works with clients. This child is a normal child, screaming at the top of his lungs while I am trying to do Yoga.
The official policy of the gym is that members are not allowed to bring in guests without authorization from the gym owners. So why are personal trainers allowed to bring their children while they work with clients (and are getting paid)?
We sent CarolAnn and Jeremy Fitzpatrick an email the first time this incident happened and the response was, "we have spoken to Susannah previously regarding having her baby at her Training sessions…we have told her that she may need to cancel her PT classes if there is continuous crying or some other disorder in the gym."
Over 2 months after my initial email, the rules continue to be broken by personal trainer, Susannah.
I posted this review on Yelp and promptly received the following email from Anytime Fitness
Congratulations Caroline! By your actions today, you have succeeded in exploiting a child and shown how belittling and intolerant you are of others! If that was your goal you have certainly succeeded. The mother of the child whose picture you posted on a public website did not give you permission to take the picture. That is called exploitation of a minor.
Also, the comments you wrote on FB were entirely unnecessary. We noticed you had already transferred to another gym. This is no longer your home gym. Please do not try to return. You key fob has now been blocked.
Others have brought your poor behavior to our attention on many occasions, and we have told them to overlook it. Perhaps we should have told them to post your tantrums on FB and YELP as well.
As for disturbing your yoga. If you are truly into yoga, you should be able to do it anywhere. That's what the discipline is for.
CFO/Co-Owner, Fitzpatrick enterprises Fitness, Inc.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Personal Trainer
- Review category
- Fitness Centers
You May Also Like
- "It is after 6:30 am and I have been sitting outside the Ashlund facility for the past hour and have seen at least a dozen people walj up to a..."
- "I just bought the program T25 and Shakeology and I was super happy. Doing my exercises which help me a lot with my diabetes. The problem is that my second..."
- "I was interviewed for an Assistant Manager position with the owner Tarik, on Friday October 14, 2016 @ 10am. I was told that I was hired and was asked to..."
- "I contacted EQUIFAX Customer service on 866 349-5191 to dispute the duplicated Hard Inquiry in my credit report by FACTUAL DATA(reapeated twice) around 10:05 AM EST 5th Jan 2016. The..."
- "Have a Kitchen double oven and tried to self clean and 20 minutes latter the glass shattered all over!! What a mess and how do you manufacture a product that..."
- "ULTA salons are totally not aware of what is on the online Menu of ULTA. I wanted the 'KeraStraight Intense Boost' which is a conditioning treatment. I had to..."
- "My TV was having issues connecting to the internet and also had a large white spot on it. I even sent in pictures and they agreed there was an issue...."
- "My amazing love had ordered (a week in advance- to ensure delivery) flowers to be delivered to me in celebration of our 1 year anniversary and they never showed, needless..."
- "I stopped in for my regular 3000 mile oil change and of course they did the usually upsale. Normally I try to do one additional thing each time, this time..."