Dallas, Texas

before i signed up for the membership i asked the guy in charge if i needed to cancel at anytime how much would it cost or what was the procedure and he replied "oh, we can work that out, we will most likely waive the fee" and so i thought going in i could eaisly get out since my family plans change meaning my husband is in a different country and i might want to go live with him but i didnt know when. Now one month into the membership i tried to suspend my contract and anytime fitness finical says i can only suspend if i am physically unable to or i am unemployed either or i have to send proof, so than i said i wanted to cancel and it is hard to do either. When i signed up the man working there lied to me. *** anytime fitness they wont get a dime from me bc i called my bank to block the charges for any amount so go ahead anytime fitness and put it against my credit i dont care it wont bother me bc credit people know gym memberships are a scam. This location is in Houston, Tx near Mesa Dr.

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Comments

It's always a good idea to READ the agreement before signing or ask what the specific cancellation procedure is. Don't take a so-so answer when signing any agreement including a gym membership. The sole blame is not on the business alone.

The same thing happened to me too but in McAllen Texas I moved away to go to college and there's no location near me and The lady in the front desk told me that I had to pay $500 to cancel my membership so I was so worried because I did not want to get bad credit because she keeps draining me that I was going to have bad credit I only went to the gym for two weeks

Read the contracts you signed. Stop being lazy, get on a treadmill, and keep running.

NEWARK, DE ANYTIME FITNESS IS AN ABSOLUTE SCAM! Like the other poster, I don't care what they put on my credit report it won't effect anything, because it is true many creditors know gym membership is inundated with fraud.

We too were told it was a month to month. Not only that we never ever received a copy of the paperwork where we signed to have the month withdrawal. We never heard back from Dustin Hayes the one who signed my husband up even though we called both the gym and his cell, texted and emailed him.

Now the finance company says we are responsible for 2 year of payments. Good luck with that - NOT!!!