Minot, North Dakota
2.5

I had joined AnytimeFitness in Minot, ND back in March of 2016. I had a coupon for 1 month free membership which, if I decided to continue, I would then pay from that point forward.

I was NOT told that I was signing up for an 18 month contract which I did not find out about until I went to cancel my membership due to my workload increasing. The new manager was very nice but said that she was finding out that the previous person was not telling anyone that they were signing up for the 18 month contract. I let it go for another month until I was laid off. Then I really needed to get rid of an extra bill; i.e.; AnytimeFitness.

They would do nothing to help. My wife really wanted to see if I could transfer the membership to her and they said flat out 'no. She would need to also sign up as a member'. Now I work 70 miles away at a very physical job and have no time for the 'extras'.

I also called the owner of the franchise here 2 or 3 times, left a nice message to see if we could work something out and they never returned my call. I will NOT recommend AnytimeFitness to anyone in this area.

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: I would like to at least transfer my membership to my wife..

Anytime fitness Pros: Bathroom, Cleanliness.

Anytime fitness Cons: Very poor business practices.

• complaints poor service
  • anytime fitness complaints
  • Restrictive Contract
  • Shady Policies

Comments

#1201345

I signed up for month to month. Went in to cancel and was told I have an annual membership BS!!!