Shreveport, Louisiana

Anytime Fitness sent me a coupon for two months free membership. I went on a week day at about 10 am, and the place was closed.

I guess "anytime" means anytime an employee chooses to show up. This outfit will not last long. Maybe it will be replaced by the anytime Bankruptcy Center. To make this post 100 words, I will repeat: I went on a week day at about 10 am, and the place was closed.

I guess "anytime" means anytime an employee chooses to show up.

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Comments

here is a clue-

like with any fitness club you would normally make an appointment and im sure if you got a FREE 2 month m/ship sent to you it would of said please call your nearest club for an appt......maybe before you were rude and wrote the place of you should of considered how its RUDE to show up without an apointment!!!! get a clue and make a appointment next time!!

#162045

It is open anytime by key card. You get the key card with a membership.

I am unsure if you can get one with a 2 week free membership but I doubt it.

Key cards are costly.

It is still odd that they had no one there at 10 am. Does not sound very promising.

VERY WELL PUT! Herein lies the problem.

Consistency, training, experience, staffing, cleanliness, policies, resigning, etc. with these franchised 24 hour clubs. IT'S ALL ABOUT MAKING $$$. The owners of 24 hour club franchises got sucked into it and are learning the hard way about how challenging the fitness industry can be.

As soon as they realize they cannot break even and will be subsidizing the business and see no end in sight, the real fun begins for members! SOMEONE IS GOING TO PAY FOR THEIR MISTAKE! Corporates are making BANK while franchisees are wiping out. Recession proof?

RIGHT! Profitable? RIGHT! Easy?

RIGHT! They may be trying to survive with an impossible business model. Hear that?

It's the circling sound around the drain. Won't be long now for a lot of franchisees!

#119731

Go to Bluemaumau and look up "Anytime Fitness or Snap Fitness" and read what is happening to the 24 hour clubs in regards to staffing, tanning and CPR/AED requirements. I guarantee it will put a smile on your face! :grin

#119726

The Anytime I work out has "staffed hours" posted on the front door. It is important to remember that these are franchises. Some operators might be good and some might be ***

These guys must be doing something right, they have well over a 1000 clubs open.

The downside to anytime gyms is the equipment is not wiped down and sanitized after use of its members. Yes, you can wipe stuff down yourself before you use it, but...yuck. Nasty!!

They are open 24/7. They are staffed PART-TIME.

There are may gyms that operate in this fashion.

It's a cost-saving method that helps to keep membership rates low. Did you bother to call or check the website before just showing up?

I've worked out at anytime fitness & just hated it. They sold me on a year membership that would auto renew at the end of it the contract.

This information was even witheld from the contract. The owner said I should have inquired about that information. He told me it was a verbal agreement and I should have spoken up about it. This is rediculous!

They even took out anther down payment. FOR WHAT!

I was already a member. Whatever you do don't join this gym.

:) So far, I have had no problem with the anytime fitness here in Marion Ohio(which took its sweet ole time to open LOL) They sold pre memberships in January at which time I signed up, but they didn't charge my debit card until they officially opened in April. But BE WARNED!!

if you ever have a payment decline, ABC financial will charge a very hefty "service" fee. Other than that I have had no problems

The club is only staffed certain hours which is good because the dues are low without all the overhead. I love it!

It's open anytime to paying members, not to people trying it out for free.