Vancouver, British Columbia

I had read all the contract horror stories for anytime fitness, So decided to be proactive. So, my one contract was supposed to end in March.

I went their to workout for the last time in February and that day I let the girl in office know that once my contract ends in March, I will not continue to come here, so please cancel it. She said that is fine. So, March comes and they stopped taking $26 bi-weekly from from VISA. I thought I was good and done with it.

By April 10, I decided to go return the key fob. I decided to scan it and open the door. It didn't work. So, I took it as a good sign, that I am done with this place.

When I offered the key fob back, another rep this time, said they don't take the key fob back. I asked to confirm, if my contract is done and my account is clear. She checked and said I owe $71 dollars. I was too tired from work and paid $71 dollars.

Next day I called again and asked what the $71 dollars were for. She said your account continued on month to month basis after March. I was fine with paying $71. But why didn't the key fob worked when I visited the gym on April 10, and also why didn't they take it directly from my Visa..

For the last time, I asked am I done with the contract? She asked me when did you cancel it? I said I came yesterday. At this point she goes, It will take one month to cancel your account and you will be charged for that one month.

So, basically I am paying another $52 dollars for no reason, and mind you I haven't went to the gym since Feburary.

So, now I have to wait for another one month and see if they will stop taking money from me. Canceling a gym membership, especially after your one month contract has ended, shouldn't take 2 whole months and extra $122 ($71 + 52) dollars.

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments