Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Upon calling the West St. Paul location to inquire about transferring locations.

I was told that I could do so easily, and was given a better monthly fee than my current Anytime Fitness location. Great! All I had to do was fill out the paperwork. After two months of waiting for the paperwork, I filled it out and returned it.

Two weeks later, I asked if the transfer went through. Josh, the 'manager' said it was turned down because my address had not changed. He also informed me that the owner of my current AF location had to approve my transfer. I asked why anyone would have to "approve" me transferring membership?

He said, "take it up with the other location" I asked, why did this take so long to determine and why did none of the management staff here know this? He said, "what difference does it make?" It makes a difference because its where I wish to work out, and its a better monthly fee. He said, "you already have a monthly fee and that cannot be changed! That is the policy!" I asked several times to see the policy, and he started berating so loudly that everyone in the club could hear him.

I then asked him if he was this rude and unprofessional to all the members and he said, "its not my concern." Well then, I wish to talk to the Owner of this location. "he is not available, and cannot give out his number!" Ok then, how about an e-mail address?? "He does not have one, and you cannot have it!! But I will give him your number, and have him call you!" Perfect!

What number do you have on file for me? I want to be sure you have it. He then responded, "it doesn't matter now does it? He will call you!!" Truthfully, I wanted to drop him in his tracks, but took the high road and decided to wait for the owner to call me.

Well, its been two weeks now and nobody will return my calls. Best of luck if you sign up here!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Comments

Mary M's report, written 2/8/2012, sounds like it came from someone with a vested interest in the business. Possibly an owner or manager?

Personally, I would love her report to be truthful and unbiased, as I did wish to continue working out at that location.

Unfortunately, the report she gives is not typical of a true customers response.

The West St. Paul Anytime Fitness Gym is one of the best clubs I have ever belonged to!

Chad, the manager, is very friendly and responsive when I have a question -- either in person, by phone or by email; the gym is always clean and they are constantly adding new equipment and recently added new leather furniture, or quickly fixing the TV's or equipment if something needs repair -- which isn't very often. The members are friendly and the convenience of 24/7 access can't be beat! They also have an exercise training DVD workout room that fits in your schedule --not someone else's time frame. The price of the gym is very reasonable as well.

The trainers are great too, very patient and friendly.

I would suggest to anyone looking for a new gym to join this one, or if you already belong to ATF yo check this one out! Thank you for being a great and pleasant place to exercise!

It is all about the $$$. The closer you get to where the franchise originated, the more like corporate they will treat you!

Arrogance and greed are prevalent with 24 hour fitness clubs. Their pitch is making people healthy but the only thing getting healthy is the bottom line for corporate and a hand full of clubs.

The franchisees suffer due to the business model heavily favoring corporate but the arrogance and greedy attitude still permeate the entire 24 hour club industry. BUYER BEWARE!

Go to Bluemaumau and look up "Anytime Fitness or Snap Fitness" and read what is happening to the 24 hour clubs in regards to staffing, tanning and CPR/AED requirements. I guarantee it will put a smile on your face! :grin (Backyard of corporate, to be expected!)