Dallas, Texas

I join anytime fitness and they r charging me 800 for non payment I nver went inside to work out didn't hve the time now I'm stuck with this payment but not only tht they want to send me to court now can they do this.? Or just send it to colections like everyone else.

What's the best thing to do?

if they take you to court what's the worst they can give you I know they can't lock you up for that now. If anyone out there knows please let me know thank u.

Comments

Andris

I signed up for a 2 year contract a month never workout at the facility. I want to cancel my membership and I am being told that's not going to happen. What to do???

Idk why you would get a gym membership and not use it.

Bottem line. Its not there problem that you dont have time to go to the gym.

If this is the case you should not have joined.If you buy a car and dont drive it you still have to pay for it.I have been working out for over 30 yrs and am getting tired of all the Johnny come lately fitness people that think that all you have to do is join a gym and not use it to get into shape. :cry

@Russ Newcomb

you work for anytime?

They cannot garnish your wages (in Texas) either. If they take you to court and get a judgment against you, that is all they will have unless you have an airplane or boat or loads of money.

Most people in Texas are judgment proof because so much of what you own cannot be taken to satisfy a judgment. You may get a black mark on your credit, but if all of your other credit is good, most creditors are willing to overlook one small black mark (especially considering the history of health clubs and their practices.)

They will show up with a legally binding contract that you signed. On this contract will be the provisions for default.

You will lose in court and they will receive a judgement against you. They will then take this judgement and pursue a wage garnishment.

Your wages will be garnished until your debt is satisfied. If you do not have any wages, they will place a lien on any assets you may have.

First of all its ABC Financial that owns your membership..so at this point, Anytime Fitness is out of the loop. If you did sign an agreement, then you are obliged to pay your membership you agreed on.

ABC Financial will put a black mark on your credit due to nonpayment. I'm assuming this 800.00 is for your full annual membership The best thing is to contact ABC Financial, explain your situation, and maybe you can settle for less then the full membership you agreed on.

No they can't lock you up for this.