Toronto, Ontario

Anytime Fitness will not allow me to cancel my membership. I Tried to cancel last year without success. I am hoping that my attempt this time will be successful.

They continually take money without prior notice. Two and a half years ago they raised my membership fee without prior notice. Then, in May they withdrew twice from my bank account, apparently the first amount was for their "annual maintenance fee". However, they did not send me their required 60 days notice in advance. When I spoke to them regarding this matter they were unable to explain themselves to me.

I have been a member with Anytime Fitness for over 3 years. They insist that I have to pay a cancellation fee of $75.00 even though I no longer have a contractual agreement with them. They also require that I come in on their manager's designated days to sign some papers to close my membership.

Today I wrote them a 30 day cancellation notice and I highlighted the areas on the expired contract where they were in default, I attached to my 30 day cancellation letter. Also, with this letter I enclosed the member's entry fob and a money order for the final amount that I owe them for the last month of June.

In the letter I explained to them that I no longer wish to be a member of their facility and that if they have any further discrepancies that I would be glad to pursue this matter in court.

If you have any problems with the cancellation of your membership at Anytime Fitness wait until your contract is finished and make sure you send them a copy with the highlighted areas. Be sure to cover all your angles and don't give them any room to move.

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Facility.

Comments