Asheville, North Carolina
2.2

I was a member of anytime fitness as long as I worked at Walmart for about 5 months or so before I was fired from my job. I paid every month without any late fees, and never missed any payments.

As soon as I lost my job, I was ready to cancel my membership, but little did I know I was assigned to a contract by someone there that suddenly no longer works there because whenever I call I can never speak to the person for some weird reason. I'm very concerned because they kept randomly charging my card and when I asked for a cancellation fee, I was asked to pay $200.00 just to cancel since it was apart of the contract .

I'm only 20 years old, and this my first gym membership and I don't know much about gyms and contracts. I was told that by another employee when I called anytime fitness that I could still attend the gym without a contract, but at the time the other employee who signed me up for the gym didn't give me the option to choose and never explained the situation, so I assumed the agreement that I signed was just verification that I would pay the small fees including the enrollment fee to join the gym, which I did.

If anyone here can please help me or contact me and tell me what I can do to get out of this, it would be most helpful. I attend my local community college, and this gym has been harassing me about paying my debt that I don't know about, and I have not refused to pay it, but I'm struggling at the moment to find a new job and go to school at the same time. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks !

Anytime fitness Cons: Rude guy manager, Lack of equipment, Expensive, Unfair billing charges.

• fitness complaint