Hesperia, California

When it comes to taking your money and signing you up, the staff at this Anytime Fitness is all smiles and courtesy. However, if you are having difficulty with service, there doors are closed.

They are rude. I joined the Victorville, CA club 3 years ago due to it's convenience, it was near my work. The trainer, (now owner) was the one who introduced me to this club. My 'free training session' was constantly interrupted.

Out of the 45 minutes of training I had 5 minutes of this trainer's/owners attention. He was worried about signing up other customers, someone else should have been on staff. They signed me up at a different location (BARSTOW) than where I was at in order to meet their numbers, which I wouldn't have minded but every time I went into the office to make a change, the manager could not find the paperwork. SHe asked me if I wanted to come back at a later time.

She also answered personal phone calls while I was conducting business, and asked me to wait while she sorted through her personal life. The next issue was when my manager had her son sign up, she wanted me to find a friend to take over. When I did, they neglected to transfer over the bank information and once again charged my manager. (BTW they go through ABC financial, majority of their staff were also very rude, and there is a complete lack of communication between this business and the financial company).

The manager lied and told my manager that her son was dating my friend and offered to pay (COMPLETE LIE, that was the first time they'd ever seen each other). When I was out of contract I opted to take over my friend's b/c she could no longer afford it. THe manager never closed out my account, put the other account in my name, but neglected to change the address. So my account was being billed as scheduled yet my 'other bill' was being sent to my friends address.

So I didn't find the discrepancy until I had already made delinquent payment, (I was thinking there was some sort of trouble at the office with my paperwork). The first lady I talked to at ABC financial put her finger on the issue and needed to contact the gym for my refund. However, no surprise, the gym was not picking up, this was over and hour and phone call number one to ABC financial. I thought ANYTIME would fix the problem promptly, I was sorely mistaken.

I got another call from ABC threatening to send my bill into collections. I don't know what the problem was but they said they couldn't access the account once it was at the point. After three different phone conversations and several more hours of my life the simple problem was not solved through ABC and they sent the bill into collections. I don't know how everyone else feels about this but after clearly explaining myself four times to ABC financial, and they still did this, I actually care about my credit score and I was not pissed, I was livid.

I called the owner and he FINALLY got on the phone to fix the problem. When the owner finally fixed it and was not really apologetic, he took this issue very lightly, he didn't offer any retribution until I told him I was going to give people a bad report about his company. After that he offered my a measly 3 months. When he did this, somehow they only gave me access the gym I originally signed up at.

SO when I showed up at the gym of my choice at midnight I could not get in!!!! Having been through all of this I decided to leave the company. Even upon telling 'new and better' manager my disgruntles, she interrupted me several times, talked over me, and still made me adhere to the specified time to cancel, Sooooooo I had to keep my membership there for another month and a half!!!! She slighly mentioned to me "well hopefully you try to come back, maybe we'll even offer you a discount." I think this gym only knows how to antagonize people who are not happy.

I guess that's what happens once you have people under contract, they no longer deserve courtesy. She had mentioned the balance was still listed but I didn't owe anything. I went back in to ask them to remove the balance just in case years down the road it somehow ends up in collections (not unreasonable) and she replied, 'all of this over $62). I told her I had problems with the financial company she said to get ahold of the owner maybe he could fix it.

I told her I had already tried to call him (His name is AAron) and he never called me back, her reply was, well he doesn't call anybody back. I said see, this company is extremely unprofessional, I will never come back... Nor will I ever use ABC financial. She then got on the phone with them and they said "oh she's not responsible, she shouldn't worry," WHen the manager told them that it was sent to collections once already, the lady at ABC financial took it off my statement.

A little advice to anyone out there who is in customer service, you don't need a specific rhyme or reason to appease a customer, specifics aren't necessary. People are cautious and thorough because they have obviously been through enough poorly managed places to know how easily it is to be walked over. I was in customer service for eight years and currently Studying I.O psychology, with a concentration in Human Resource Management. Just because I look young, does not mean I am uneducated.

Just because I am quiet about the problem, does not mean I am not inherently pissed. ANYTIME FITNESS, since your going to charge so much for your services and you want to have an edge, hire a person with a college degree, customer service experience, and tact. The locations under this owner are Barstow, Victorville (0ff Dunia not hook), and Apple Valley CA. I know the owner off hook, he's actually not so bad and charges less than these other locations.

DO NOT get a contract on the three locations above. As for the rest of ANytimes, I cannot comment.

Comments

All these health and fitness tips for age 40 plus is very usefull to me and thanks for the great information....

joined the Victorville, CA club 3 years ago due to it's convenience, it was near my work Anytime Fitness.

First of all sagajagads (even dumber name than mine)... No one with a college degree will man the desk for $10/hr.

ATFs are small businesses owned by people who usually have day jobs.

They can't afford to pay someone a *** load of cash. If you don't like the way you are treated then go someplace else, and quit being a *** cry baby!

Just because I look young, does not mean I am uneducated!. Just because I am quiet about the problem, does not mean I am not inherently pissed?. ANYTIME FITNESS, since your going to charge so much for your services and you want to have an edge, hire a person with a college degree, customer service experience, and tact?.

anytime fitness locations