Centreville, Virginia

I went to the local Anytime Fitness to try out their services with a 7 day trial. They would not let me use the 7 day and pressured me to sign up.

They said if I changed my mind I had a right to cancel within 3 days (Virginia law). I came back after 2 days after deciding I didn't want to join. I spoke with the "Lead Analyst" of the center who convinced me to give them another try and said I could join for 30 days. If I decided not to join, I should return within the 30 days to tell them, and I would only be charged for the key fob cost of $59.

I unfortunately fell for it. He did NOT give me any paperwork and only had me sign on an iPad, connected to his computer. I trusted this guy, not knowing what I was getting myself into. Within the 30 day trial period, I decided not to join (I have a better option available to me).

I went back and returned my key well within the timeframe and spoke with the person on duty. I explained what the Lead Analyst told me and said I was not going to join. He said okay, no hassle, accepted the key, and said my account would be canceled. It was not.

They lied. I noticed money was being taken from my checking account, which was NOT authorized. I contacted member services and was told they could do nothing. I called the club and was given the email for the regional manager.

I emailed him, by now VERY upset, and explained the situation. In return, I got an email with nothing but lies and incorrect information. He said I had worked out at the club, there was no record of me canceling, he had sent me an email and I didn't reply, and I had filled out a member satisfaction survey saying everything was fine. None of the above is TRUE.

I never worked out at the club, I certainly did come by and say I was canceling, I did not get an email from him, and I never filled out a survey at all.

All of these statements were LIES. I am in shock at these deceptive practices.

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Manager.

Preferred solution: Refund money already taken from me and cancel the contract, as they said they would. .

Anytime fitness Cons: No help on the phone, Lies, No empathy, Deceitful practices.

Comments