Tyler, Texas

Unethical in their practices. The manager, Lori, was very rude and would not allow me to remove my ex-wife from my account even though it was my right according to the agreement to do so.

The contract clearly states that I can remove family members, because it is MY membership...not theirs. Why should I have to pay for someone to whom I am no longer related? Lori said she would have to get her own account before I could remove her. This is not only untrue, but also unethical.

I ended up paying for her for months after we had our divorce, and no only that..our contract was over!

Obviously this business does not care about its customers, only the money. Don't sign a contract with them!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Comments

You signed a contract that said you had to pay X amount for X amount of time. You agreed to that when you signed your name.

You should fulfill the contract and pay through the time period. It's not their fault you don't use it or want to get get out of paying.

You signed the contract and are obligated to fulfill it. It's that simple.

I'm in the process of trying to cancel my account. Haven't been there in months and I'm not even under a contract anymore.

Nothing but a bunch of BS and hassle. DO NOT GO THERE!!!!

:x I was surfing the web tonight to look for a place to start working out. I would like for it to be in Ruston being that is where I work.

I must admit, I don't this will be the place for me, to much drama! Sorry!!

VERY WELL PUT! Herein lies the problem.

Consistency, training, experience, staffing, cleanliness, policies, resigning, etc. with these franchised 24 hour clubs. IT'S ALL ABOUT MAKING $$$. The owners of 24 hour club franchises got sucked into it and are learning the hard way about how challenging the fitness industry can be.

As soon as they realize they cannot break even and will be subsidizing the business and see no end in sight, the real fun begins for members! SOMEONE IS GOING TO PAY FOR THEIR MISTAKE! Corporates are making BANK while franchisees are wiping out. Recession proof?

RIGHT! Profitable? RIGHT! Easy?

RIGHT! They may be trying to survive with an impossible business model. Hear that?

It's the circling sound around the drain. Won't be long now for a lot of franchisees!

#119739

Go to Bluemaumau and look up "Anytime Fitness or Snap Fitness" and read what is happening to the 24 hour clubs in regards to staffing, tanning and CPR/AED requirements. I guarantee it will put a smile on your face! :grin

My experience was that payments were made from my debit card...and after a year I decided to cancel my membership since I have health issues and work schedule conflict. They said that I signed for three years and that they need a doctors note stating why. I wrote them a letter that medical information is private and that I can not give them that information. They did not respond and still kept trying to draw money from my account even when they did not get the authorization after changes in my bank account. After a $75 dollars posting debiting my account, I called my bank that there was a unauthorized debit to my account and I was told that the Anytime fitness tried 13 times ina span of three weeks trying to draw different amounts in my account. Anytime fitness was unsucessfull and they called me after the bank denied their claim and is still billing me different amounts each time.

I'm holding up until they take me to court so I don't have to pay attorney fees.

They are a big corporate scam!!!

If you sign a contract with these people, expect to never get out without some hassle. Josh, the personal trainer, is really great though.

I agree that I liked the old girl too. She was very personable. She worked out later at night and showed me and my husband how to use the equipment at night after we became members. It was so nice of her to use her workout time to help us out.

I heard rumors that they screwed her though. I was told through the grapevine that they fired her because she was still a bit sick after being off of chemo for a month. As a survivor of cancer, I have to say that God has a special place for people who do things like that. It's called ***.

On a positive note, they do try to make the gym a comfortable and safe place to work out.

Go for it if you like, just make sure you have all of the facts.

You might want to open an account and put money into it every month to pay your membership. Don't give them the real deal.

I was glad to find this comment. I've had some interesting encounters with her too, but she's gone now.

She just never seemed genuine to me. There was another girl working there too a while back. She was so friendly, and I heard they let her go. The gym was always very clean with her around, and I was always greeted warmly.

I think her name was Sharon or Shannon. I'd love to see her come back.