Amite, Louisiana

Anytime Fitness is a JOKE and a bunch of thieves! I signed a one year contract in June 2008 I Cancelled the contract in June on 2010.

I provided the them with letter they had ask for requesting the cancellation. They debited my acct in July, August and September after a lengthy battle I did get my money returned. I thought I was over, and then I looked at my bank statement this month and the SOBs took out almost a hundred dollars again!!! I am ready to turn all this over to the BBB and an attorney for theft!

Here we are 2 weeks before Christmas and they steal money out of my bank account. I have fulfilled my contractual agreement no get the *** out of my pocket book.

Oh and not to mention I have not used the club in over a year and a half because it is Filthy! There is no way I would lay in any of there unsanitary tanning beds.

Comments

Thank you corporate shill for the inaccurate evaluation of the accurate feedback given. No need to too your own horn here because it is obvious to all readers.

Now stroll down to Chuck Runyon's office, you know the CEO of Anytime, and show him your great rebuttal to the posts. No doubt you will be employee of the month!

REPLY: Fitness Nut, gymrat = owner Rushville AF, BEND OVER FOR GYMRAT, Written by BBB

these posts are all from the same individual, most likely a YMCA or other "big box gym" employee who is frustrated that their members are leaving these huge gyms where memberships cost up to 100 bucks and more a month for a more comfortable and personable health club =)

I cancelled my membership gave them a notice letter and everything, they keep charging my account I AM PISSED!!! called the location where I was working out...very hard to get in touch with that lady her daughter is always their not her, ascked to be refunded it never happened, tried to call the corporate# can't get in touch with a customer service reprezentative, if I dont hear from corporate by the end of this week I will visit with my lawyer on Monday first thing in the morning.

Look at the BBB website and you will see all the complaints filed on ATF for their billing practices. So if you think this is just one person posting all this negative info you are sadly mistaken

In response to the gym personnel passing the blame on ABC Financial.. If ABC financial is messing up the billing and causing your customers to get upset, then maybe you should change billing companies.

What happened to customer satisfaction? Also, I was informed by my bank that this is far from an issolated incident. The branch manager said the have more people filing complaints on your company then any other! It's pretty bad that the bank has your reference numbers memorized!

So maybe you need to get off your fat lazy *** and fix your billing department and instead of waiting on the customers to clean your gym clean it yourself.. I paid to go work out and tan NOT be your f'n cleaning service!!

For your information, I stopeed using the gym because it was not just dirty but FILTHY and Anytime Fitness doesn't know how to bill every month they would charge something diffrent and when you cancel they refuse to stop charging. As far as the comment about refusing to change my lifestlye you are wrong very wrong. I have invested alot of money into buying equipment for my own home gym.

I rest my case. You have confirmed your motivation.

Now, go back to your nice little office in Anytime Fitness headquarters and report your post below to Chuck Runyon, CEO.

No doubt you will be awarded employee of the month for this steaming pile of AF rhetoric. Potential members and franchisees, this arrogance is what you have to look forward to......

You’ve got to be kidding me right? Do you think that everyone who comes on to these forums and posts some logic or praise is an owner/employee/corporate spy for ATF? That’s a much more logical solution than assuming some people, no matter what you do, will find something to be unhappy about they decide to cancel their membership and realize that it’s just like EVERY OTHER SERVICE you sign an agreement for (i.e. internet, satellite TV cell phone).. You can never make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time. EVERYONE has a bad experience with a business of some sort! Their occasionally be dirty something or other when you go to the gym, restaurant, grocery store, movie theater etc. The vast majority are minor oversights and are corrected promptly.

This person didn’t stop using the gym because a tanning bed was dirty, she stopped using it because she refused to change her lifestyle to fit her fitness goals! It happens to 75 percent of everyone who joins a gym in the US.

Or maybe you are right. ATF is out to get everyone, and we never landed on the moon, and 911 was an inside job, the government is suppressing a cure for cancer, and there really is a Loch Ness monster.

Confirmed = gymrat = greed = narcissistic

Could it be more obvious?

Read other complaints regarding this exact issue and you will see this is "how they do business". Madoff would be proud!

Same person as the other three =)

Written by REPLY: gymrat, on 15-12-2010 14:56

CORPORATE SHILL ALERT! Yes, Anytime Fitness corporate and franchisees are now frequenting this and other complaint websites to post FAVORABLE FEEDBACK to try and offset the NEGATIVE REALITY!

GREED AND NARCISSISM prevail in this company. BUYER BEWARE!

These are all the same person. Go look at some of the other complaints =)

Written by ANYTIME OR EVERYTIME?, on 12-12-2010 23:55

This has been going on for years now! Anytime Fitness and Snap Fitness both use a third party billing company to try and insulate them from the negative publicity. They consistently use this to their advantage to extract additional fees, dues and revenue from unsuspecting members. This was obvious while I was involved and one of the reasons why I am no longer. Between employee errors, lack of management oversight, corporate issues and the billing company involvement, it is almost guaranteed you will pay more than what you agreed to. CHUCK RUNYON, CEO, how about stepping up and taking care of this? Oh, you're too busy counting your cash!

Written by RE: Stevie RUNYON?, on 13-12-2010 12:56

Chuck Runyon, CEO of Anytime Fitness has allowed this to occur in his company for years. Once again he hires a corporate shill to frequent the complaint websites and post pro Anytime Fitness rhetoric. The shill will criticize negative feedback and embellish their "great service" at the expense of current and future members. BUYER BEWARE, THIS IS A LOSER!

REPLY: Fitness Nut, on 14-12-2010 21:31

Dear Owner of Rushville, Take responsibility for your pathetic billing process through ABC, stop criticizing your members and the sooner you understand you have bought into a loser franchise, the better off you will be! Too bad it is no longer a covert operation with this and the other complaint website confirmations. Contact AF CEO Chuck Runyon for all other questions.

The Rushville club is very well maintained and the staff members are amazing. If you encountered a problem with the tanning bed it is probably because the last person to use it didn’t wipe it down.

And the blame for the billing goes to ABC Finacial.

I think you real beef is that you couldn’t get your fat *** to stop eating Mc Donalds, there for you never lost weight, and instead of taking personal responsibility for your actions, you pawn your problems off on someone else. Go eat another twinkie fatty.

I belong to an Anytime in Wisconsin. I love it.

I had a problem with my billing and they took care of it immediately. Very clean.