Denver, Colorado

I signed up at a local Anytime Fitness in Denver Colorado on May 6, 2008 and was only able to work out for 2 weeks. On May 29, 2008 the owner (Glenn Alvarez) packed up and left town. They even waited to cash my check until the day after they left and now i am out of luck! I filed complaints with the Attorny General, but nothing will ever be done cause they didnt steal enough money from me!

The Anytime Fitness Corporate Office did nothing to help me either.

Make sure you know who you are doing buisness with!

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Comments

"Sorry" below makes light of a ripoff company but others have been taken for big bucks! Chuck Runyon CEO, are you listening?

Convenient only when staffed, key card software working and ownership and management actually care about members. 24 Hour Clubs have issues with BILLING, consistency, training, experience, staffing, cleanliness, policies, resigning, and CLOSING WITHOUT NOTICE! IT'S ALL ABOUT MAKING $$$. The owners of 24 hour club franchises got sucked into it and are learning the hard way about how challenging the fitness industry can be.

The franchisees got screwed and now they are "paying it forward" to club members. Corporates are making BANK while franchisees are wiping out. Recession proof? RIGHT!

Profitable? RIGHT! Easy? RIGHT!

Hear that? It's the circling sound around the drain. Won't be long now for many franchisees!

#132077

I am very sorry to those who truely got a scam but if your *** about having to make a phone call then you really do need a gym because your lazy!!!!!!!!!!

#119716

Go to Bluemaumau and look up "Anytime Fitness or Snap Fitness" and read what is happening to the 24 hour clubs in regards to staffing, tanning and CPR/AED requirements. I guarantee it will put a smile on your face! :grin

Be very alert to what you are signing when you join this fitness center ANYWHERE!! I was led to believe auto renewal meant a fixed membership rate.

NO!! It meant YOU call them & tell them to cancel your membership or they continue to charge you! Guess what, you sign the contract, it's legal & binding!

So when you are overwhelmed with everything they tell you at initial signing, it's pretty easy to be misled! I will go out of my way to spread the word about the way anytime screwyou, I mean fitness, in WAVERLY,IOWA treats consumers.

I'm usually pretty unsympathetic to the vast majority of people who join a gym and make a commitment to the small business owners who run it, but then whine in 3 months because they're lazy and want out of their contract because their word means nothing.

But this *** who cut and run with your hard-earned money is complete garbage. HE failed to live up to his word and you paid for it. I am truly sorry.

That is the one issue with privately-owned and operated businesses....you can't quite be sure who you're dealing with.